China's World Dominance

China would be stuffed if they found themselves as the worlds number one econamy.

They're geared towards selling all their **** to us, and ripping off western designs for everything in the process.

Indeed. If we really wanted to halt China's rise to economic superiority then all we would need to do would be to stop buying the cheap crap they export. They would return to relative poverty overnight, and it might go some way to putting a stop to their unchecked environmental destruction as well.

China would be stuffed if they found themselves as the worlds number one econamy.

They're geared towards selling all their **** to us, and ripping off western designs for everything in the process.

China will overtake the USA in GNP in the next 5 or so years. They're aware that their economy will have to change from being based on cheap-labour exports to a more consumer-based economy where they buy more of their own goods than they do now. They also have to build an adequate health service as part of an expanding state and look after their people more. Their concerns will be internal. If the Chinese Communist Party doesn't provide better welfare and deal with internal wealth inequalities then they know they will face massive protests.

OK.. So if you were trying to secure world peace with whom would you be negotiating, and why?

The warring factions would be the ones involved in negotiations. These are not necessarily the major powers. You appear to believe that the major powers automatically engage in warfare...not correct.;)

Do you recall this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JlTIo--CQ

I was something of a rare bird at that time. At 26 years of age I was around 5 years older than than the average private and a foreigner to boot. There were Canadians but Limeys were unknown. I left the service as an E-4 (Corporal) but if I'd signed on again I was assured I would become an E-5 (Sergeant) sometimes referred to as a Buck Sergeant

The warring factions would be the ones involved in negotiations. These are not necessarily the major powers. You appear to believe that the major powers automatically engage in warfare...not correct.;)

Isn't that because the major powers have spent time working out who the other major powers are and negotiate arms limitation where as the one engaged in warfare haven't?

I was something of a rare bird at that time. At 26 years of age I was around 5 years older than than the average private and a foreigner to boot. There were Canadians but Limeys were unknown. I left the service as an E-4 (Corporal) but if I'd signed on again I was assured I would become an E-5 (Sergeant) sometimes referred to as a Buck Sergeant

The point of the song is that the average age of the American soldiers who fought in Nam was 19....."hardly more than kids"

Incidentally. How do you know that the major powers haven't been fighting wars amongst themselves if you haven't taken the time to establish who they are?

Archived