China's World Dominance

The point of the song is that the average age of the American soldiers who fought in Nam was 19....."hardly more than kids"

Kids in a military force who were equipped with damned good weapons and did a lot of damage to the enemy. However in a a military that was trained to fight in a conventional land war in Europe. Then there was a corrupt and rotten South Vietnamese government run by Catholics who had no relationship to the rural peasantry, a failure by both them and the the US to win hearts and minds and a determined and a battle seasoned enemy who had beaten the French not long before and were strongly nationalist in their determination to reunite both the Vietnams.

In my original post I think I also mentioned that kids can make good warriors and older I get the younger soldiers seem to look to me

Kids in a military force who were equipped with damned good weapons and did a lot of damage to the enemy. However in a a military that was trained to fight in a conventional land war in Europe. Then there was a corrupt and rotten South Vietnamese government run by Catholics who had no relationship to the rural peasantry, a failure by both them and the the US to win hearts and minds and a determined and a battle seasoned enemy who had beaten the French not long before and were strongly nationalist in their determination to reunite both the Vietnams.

In my original post I think I also mentioned that kids can make good warriors and older I get the younger soldiers seem to look to me

You are wriggling.:hihi:

You're not much of a debater I see. So far your offerings would insult the inrtelligence of kindergrten kid. Get some time in rookie :D
Every time I see one of these trollers arrive on scene I check their join date, sure enough November 2012. I give him 4 weeks then gone like an overipe tomato.:)

Much of China's army is recruited from peasant youth in the rural areas. I saw some of them parading back and forth in the barracks area next to the Forbidden City. They looked very young, hardly more than kids some of them.

I'm not saying that they would not make good soldiers if the need arose but they could well be influenced to go either way if at sometime in the future a coup d'eteat was attempted by a dissident group unhappy with the government's policies and how it was affecting the domestic situation. The Communist Party still rules but it's not the same Communist party that had absolute power 4 decades ago

And where does the US recruit its Armed Services from these days?

Archived