Romantic places for two.

jcpr1

I'm wanting to take my man out for a romantic meal for our year anniversary but I have no idea where to take him!

Any ideas?

Depends what sort of things he'd appreciate I suppose?

I'd prefer to go to a really rustic pub/hotel, with excellent food, roaring fires, low beams and exquisite bedrooms so one can sink a bottle of wine then climb the stairs and snuggle up under the covers. That would be romantic to me. So that might include, Devonshire Arms at Beeley, Peacock at Rowsley, 3Acres at Shelley, Bear at Alderwasley, Maynard Arms at Grindleford (?) not eaten there lately but nice place all the same. Hassop Hall is also a nice venue with "decent" if not excellent food. Or a bit further afield, Langar Hall near Nottingham or Hambleton Hall on Rutland Water, or how about the George at Stamford or the Inn at Whitewell in the Trough of Bowland?

But some might prefer just the restaurant option - but still want top quality dining - which might suggest Old Vicarage at Ridgway or Marco @ Milano's.

And others may not care too much, so long as they are with you!:love:

Good suggestions from DerbyTup.

I'd add the Bull's Head at Castleton for its rustic feel - real ales and open fire - and a room upstairs with views of Mam Tor.

Plus you get all of Castleton's other pubs, shops and castle to explore!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived