MPs expenses again!

More tap room wisdom. Unless most MP's are doing this while being supported by their leadership then yours is a meaningless point. The thread on the whole is pretty stupid and seems to translate as "all MP's are evil and politics is all rotten".

I'll watch with interest to see if the majority of the population have such deterministic views and make the turnout below 50%.

There shouldn't be ANY MPs doing it.

Especially after the furore of last time.

2 things came across, first, they tried to block anyone finding out, which sugests they know it's wrong; secondly, it seemed to be the people in charge of policing MPs expenses who were the worst offenders.

How is that meaningless? And will anything happen to stop it?

There shouldn't be ANY MPs doing it.

Especially after the furore of last time.

2 things came across, first, they tried to block anyone finding out, which sugests they know it's wrong; secondly, it seemed to be the people in charge of policing MPs expenses who were the worst offenders.

How is that meaningless? And will anything happen to stop it?

As long as it's a small minority I'm not outraged. Yes its wrong but a lot of people are on the fiddle. I find it tedious that people expect MP's to be gods and get angry when it turns out they're not.

As long as it's a small minority I'm not outraged. Yes its wrong but a lot of people are on the fiddle. I find it tedious that people expect MP's to be gods and get angry when it turns out they're not.

51, so far... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/9689332/MPs-expenses-MPs-allowed-to-hide-expenses-details.html

I'm not sure anyone on here has said they are gods

People don't expect them to be 'gods' - but they have a duty to be honest and morally upstanding.

The piggies in Westminster know that the dullards out there in voter land will keep on voting for them regardless.

Yet they can't understand why so many people didn't bother to vote for another politico in the Police Commissioner elections.

Gist of 'Dispatches' for those who didn't see it. Some MP's are now renting their London homes to other MPs and charging rent, whilst also claiming rent to pay for another London home to stay in themselves. In other words swapping addresses and both charging rent from the other, paid for by the great British taxpayer - again.

Also some MPs who live within daily commuting distance are also claiming rent allowances.

Not against rules apparently, they're exploiting a loop hole again, but morally indefensible. Tip of the iceberg....

I hope our new Labour? Sheffield heroes would not stoop so low as to be involved in ripping of the public purse.

Well it seems that 27 are guilty of renting unethically and 51 just don't want all their information exposed. But yes its depressing, my view is that once trust in institutions and the system is gone it never comes back. I don't want Britain to be just another shabby corrupt joke.

The solution is no expenses at all but a hefty pay rise to cover two homes and travel. I bet the public will love that.

Yet they can't understand why so many people didn't bother to vote for another politico in the Police Commissioner elections.

Most voted for ex police which is a good thing, unfortunately Prescott lost, no doubt because of snobbery and Tory hatred of a loud working class bloke. Unfortunately as a result the morons of Humberside just said a big yes to privatisation. I hope they enjoy their McPolice.

Archived