MPs expenses again!

All very true however I have two questions that I'm interested in seeing an answer to from others on the forum.

a) what proportion of MP's are seen as good on expenses or incorrupt?

b) what system should be in place to stop corruption or instead of parliament as it is?

My answer to question (a) would be the larger proportion being good on expenses.

My answer to (b) would be to set up a completely independent body to set the wages and to publish all expenses claimed on an annual basis without redaction. We have a right to that...it's our money they are stealing!

My answer to question (a) would be the larger proportion being good on expenses.

My answer to (b) would be to set up a completely independent body to set the wages and to publish all expenses claimed on an annual basis without redaction. We have a right to that...it's our money they are stealing!

Sounds fair enough to me and this should have been done when Cameron came in so this could be ended once and for all. It would also have done him credit and he could claim to have left a legacy of wiping out corruption.

I would add that I'm less disgusted by hard working people who take the pi** on expenses than I am people who do nothing and milk the system.

Sounds fair enough to me and this should have been done when Cameron came in so this could be ended once and for all. It would also have done him credit and he could claim to have left a legacy of wiping out corruption.

I would add that I'm less disgusted by hard working people who take the pi** on expenses than I am people who do nothing and milk the system.

im more disgusted with people who have too much money helping themselves to our money, than someone on the breadline earning a bit extra:hihi: :hihi::hihi:

im more disgusted with people who have too much money helping themselves to our money, than someone on the breadline earning a bit extra:hihi: :hihi::hihi:

Earning? How is fiddling benefits earning?

If an MP has their expenses approved by the committee then are later told they've been helping themselves then its not as clear cut as you think.

If an MP has their expenses approved by the committee then are later told they've been helping themselves then its not as clear cut as you think.

Fiddling expenses is clear cut, it's fraud- theft. I rest my case your honor.:loopy:

Fiddling expenses is clear cut, it's fraud- theft. I rest my case your honor.:loopy:

For the hard of thinking, let me remind you that there were different shades of wrongful claims. There were those that were approved then retrospectively decided to be wrong and then there were outright lies such as those by Macshane recently.

benefits are classed as earnings if you dont beleive me ask the taxman :hihi:. btw if someone on benefits can earn a cpl of quid doing some extra work good luck to them :hihi::hihi: . whats up are you not happy because they not paying tax on it :huh:

For the hard of thinking, let me remind you that there were different shades of wrongful claims. There were those that were approved then retrospectively decided to be wrong and then there were outright lies such as those by Macshane recently.
in most peoples eyes both fraud get over it :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived