Do censorship laws need changing?

What's daft about it? I find overly proud little men who've never won a vote in their life casually sneering at those who have rather pathetic. To call the Speaker of the House of Commons a nomark just sounds teenage.

Dear oh dear. In your righteous indignation you've failed to grasp any of this thread. It's not about our Cuban-heeled speaker of the house, who, apart from being married to mrs bercow has nothing to do with this thread or freedom of speech or has commented in writing on an ongoing child abuse case. Id guess he has more sense. I've not mentioned him, and by "bercow" I assumed (wrongly) you'd know I meant mrs as she is the one in hot water as reported in the telegraph. I hope I've cleared that up.

The rest of my posts on this thread regarding mrs bercow still stand, as do my censorship laws.

Dear oh dear. In your righteous indignation you've failed to grasp any of this thread. It's not about our Cuban-heeled speaker of the house, who, apart from being married to mrs bercow has nothing to do with this thread or freedom of speech or has commented in writing on an ongoing child abuse case. Id guess he has more sense. I've not mentioned him, and by "bercow" I assumed (wrongly) you'd know I meant mrs as she is the one in hot water as reported in the telegraph. I hope I've cleared that up.

The rest of my posts on this thread regarding mrs bercow still stand, as do my censorship laws.

I see. Well my point still stands as you're not as important as Sally Bercow and shouldn't call her a no mark. If you were as important as her you wouldn't be on here would you?

I see. Well my point still stands as you're not as important as Sally Bercow and shouldn't call her a no mark. If you were as important as her you wouldn't be on here would you?

Touché. And at 3am to boot. You aren't mr bercow though are you ? Quick to leap to her defense and also to defend mps and their expenses ;);););)

I know you're a fan and don't think she's a no mark, a view you're perfectly entitled to, but she was in celebrity big brother (voted out - she has won one "election" then) there is evidence to the contrary.

But this isn't about the bercows it's about censorship. I think we have the balance just about right, with the exception of social media - where anyone with followers be that 100 or a million can break some pretty serious laws.

Touché. And at 3am to boot. You aren't mr bercow though are you ? Quick to leap to her defense and also to defend mps and their expenses ;);););)

I know you're a fan and don't think she's a no mark, a view you're perfectly entitled to, but she was in celebrity big brother (voted out - she has won one "election" then) there is evidence to the contrary.

But this isn't about the bercows it's about censorship. I think we have the balance just about right, with the exception of social media - where anyone with followers be that 100 or a million can break some pretty serious laws.

I'm not a massive fan of hers as it happens though Mr B is fine by me. I don't think we're all equal in some sixth form kind of way. Those elected to positions are clearly superior to drones who just do their day jobs then watch telly. Not that I'm not accusing you of that.

Some MP's are scum, most are not. I find the echo chamber mentality of loathing all MP's ridiculous. Ed Miliband was called an expenses angel for claiming little. Dennis Skinner claimed almost nothing. I'm sure there are low claiming Tories too.

I went to bed at 11 but couldn't sleep so thought I'd tire myself out with a few mindless arguments!

I'm not a massive fan of hers as it happens though Mr B is fine by me. I don't think we're all equal in some sixth form kind of way. Those elected to positions are clearly superior to drones who just do their day jobs then watch telly. Not that I'm not accusing you of that.

Some MP's are scum, most are not. I find the echo chamber mentality of loathing all MP's ridiculous. Ed Miliband was called an expenses angel for claiming little. Dennis Skinner claimed almost nothing. I'm sure there are low claiming Tories too.

I went to bed at 11 but couldn't sleep so thought I'd tire myself out with a few mindless arguments!

389 MPs were caught fiddling their expenses a couple of years ago, that's a clear majority that were caught being scum. Some of them had to resign, others were prosecuted, most are still MPs.

This is very silly. Sally Bercrow was almost fined for naming the schoolgirl who ran off with the maths teacher to France.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9689048/Sally-Bercow-urged-to-turn-off-Twitter-after-breaching-schoolgirl-court-order.html#

Yet google it and you will find her name. Is this law now redundant and pointless?

Nine people were fined for naming the Ched Evans rape victim, I see no reason why Sally Bercow should not be prosecuted for the same offence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-20207408

http://news.sky.com/story/1013687/sally-bercow-names-teen-in-new-twitter-row

Does using SF mean by definition that we are unimportant? And does that mean that we can't criticise bad journalists?

In what way does being elected make someone superior?

Is that before being a good little drone and going to work in the morning, you'll suffer for it.

Archived