Do censorship laws need changing?

True but why should someone be fined for something thats already been released and is easily accesable. The idea behind this law is to prevent infomation being disseminated for in this case to protect the individual but since everyone knows the name the law becomes useless. Or do we fine google and all the papers £5000 who still have it on their website?

The papers would certainly be in line for a fine. Google just links to other websites and is protected by law as if it were a carrier (ie the royal mail isn't committing a crime when it carries a letter that contains libel, and the same applies to google).

Yes I'd say SF users are unimportant, I can't see anyone on here bing some big shot, they tend not to mess about on forums.

Being elected makes a person superior in the sense that they inspire confidence to win votes in the first place. That's not easy unless you're prepared to vote for Joe Sludge from down t' pub who spouts rubbish.

I'm on a day off, thanks for your concern.

Well it means they're not apathetic driftwood on the sea of life for a start. However my election comments don't have to refer to politics, one doesn't even need to be elected. In life there are leaders and followers. The leaders tend to be superior, without them we'd still be in the sea wringing our fins wondering whether to move onto dry land.

There is an interesting series of documentaries on the BBC at the moment that certainly contain relevant perspectives and counterpoints to your argument.

The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler. Here's a link for anyone that's interested -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p01pm/The_Dark_Charisma_of_Adolf_Hitler_Episode_1/

There is an interesting series of documentaries on the BBC at the moment that certainly contain relevant perspectives and counterpoints to your argument.

The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler. Here's a link for anyone that's interested -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p01pm/The_Dark_Charisma_of_Adolf_Hitler_Episode_1/

Zzz, because Hitler was exactly who I was thinking of. I'll be watching 'Walking With Nazis' on BBC4.

Zzz, because Hitler was exactly who I was thinking of. I'll be watching 'Walking With Nazis' on BBC4.

It is a series of documentaries relating to exactly why a leader rose to power and why people chose to follow him. It also covers ground relating to who is superior and who isn't. All things you have been talking about. Sorry if you think that's irrelevant.

For the sake of clarity I do not think you are espousing nazi philosophy nor do I think you are in any way a nazi. Seeing as I'd just watched episode 1 I sincerely thought it provided an interesting perspective on the debate.

It is a series of documentaries relating to exactly why a leader rose to power and why people chose to follow him. It also covers ground relating to who is superior and who isn't. All things you have been talking about. Sorry if you think that's irrelevant.

For the sake of clarity I do not think you are espousing nazi philosophy nor do I think you are in any way a nazi. Seeing as I'd just watched episode 1 I sincerely thought it provided an interesting perspective on the debate.

I've had it up to here with Nazis. Ever since starting A Level history twenty years ago I've accumulated a million hours of reading/watching stuff about Hitler whether I wanted to or not.

People are born equal but they soon choose their path of porridge or progress.

Well it means they're not apathetic driftwood on the sea of life for a start. However my election comments don't have to refer to politics, one doesn't even need to be elected. In life there are leaders and followers. The leaders tend to be superior, without them we'd still be in the sea wringing our fins wondering whether to move onto dry land.

Well quite. Nothing says ultimate alpha male like John Prescott.

I've had it up to here with Nazis. Ever since starting A Level history twenty years ago I've accumulated a million hours of reading/watching stuff about Hitler whether I wanted to or not.

People are born equal but they soon choose their path of porridge or progress.

How do you feel about the many people who have been elected and then fallen from grace? Are they still superior examples that us forum-dwellers cannot equal?

My favourite example is good old Jeffrey Archer. I could have mentioned many, many more.

How do you feel about the many people who have been elected and then fallen from grace? Are they still superior examples that us forum-dwellers cannot equal?

My favourite example is good old Jeffrey Archer. I could have mentioned many, many more.

A good question. He was a talented man with charisma, clearly above porridge level yet a compulsive liar end egotist. All people are human at the end of the day. I'm sure there are forum dwellers who'd be great political activists/leaders but simply haven't tried.

A good question. He was a talented man with charisma, clearly above porridge level yet a compulsive liar end egotist. All people are human at the end of the day. I'm sure there are forum dwellers who'd be great political activists/leaders but simply haven't tried.

I think his stint in prison places him firmly at porridge level.

Archived