Do censorship laws need changing?

Well quite. Nothing says ultimate alpha male like John Prescott.

To me Prescott is a successful politician with a lifetime of achievements behind him. Yes its fashionable to mock him but the mockers are usually idiots like Littlejohn and the sheep that follow him.

Who are you to refer to Bercow as a nomark? Ever won an election? Thought not.

An irrelevant sidestep of an answer, besides, people pay to read her views.

To me Prescott is a successful politician with a lifetime of achievements behind him. Yes its fashionable to mock him but the mockers are usually idiots like Littlejohn and the sheep that follow him.

Who are you to call Littlejohn an idiot? People pay to read his views.

ps I have no time whatsoever for Littlejohn.

Absolutely. Nothing screams a lifetime of success like managing to loose an election on a Labour ticket to a Tory in Hull.

Who are you to call Littlejohn an idiot? People pay to read his views.

ps I have no time whatsoever for Littlejohn.

Good question but in his case he's so extreme and righteous, a bit like his Mail pal Hitchens that I think it's safe to dismiss him. Alternatively he presents a stream of thought in the land but he doesn't have the gravitas to mock Prescott.

Absolutely. Nothing screams a lifetime of success like managing to loose an election on a Labour ticket to a Tory in Hull.

Firstly it was Humberside and not everyone there is some flat cap wearing Labour voter strangely enough. He didn't lose by miles and was more a victim of the image created for him by the right wing press than any analysis of his policies. Most people are against any privatisation in the police but a majority of thickies on Humberside have voted for that just to stick one on Prescott. As I said, I hope they enjoy their McPolice.

Good question but in his case he's so extreme and righteous, a bit like his Mail pal Hitchens that I think it's safe to dismiss him. Alternatively he presents a stream of thought in the land but he doesn't have the gravitas to mock Prescott.

You seem to be of the opinion that you can choose for yourself who you will respect and who you will not.

Which is fine.

But you also seem to be of the opinion that you can tell everyone else who they will respect.

This is not fine. You have no right to declare anyone beyond criticism, so whilst you might dislike it, many people do not see MPs as in any way superior to themselves (and in my opinion they're correct and you're wrong).

You seem to be of the opinion that you can choose for yourself who you will respect and who you will not.

Which is fine.

But you also seem to be of the opinion that you can tell everyone else who they will respect.

This is not fine. You have no right to declare anyone beyond criticism, so whilst you might dislike it, many people do not see MPs as in any way superior to themselves (and in my opinion they're correct and you're wrong).

I've never declared anyone beyond criticism, you are seeing what you want to see so you can feel annoyed. I simply dislike people writing off MP's as nomarks etc when they are not in a position to do so. Before anyone criticises an MP they must realise they are elected so their criticism had better be good. Intelligent analytical criticism is fine, casual disregard of an MP by Joe Sludge who's never amounted to anything isn't fine.

Who are you to refer to Bercow as a nomark? Ever won an election? Thought not.

I don't need to see anything that isn't there to feel annoyed at the stance you've taken.

when they are not in a position to do so

You are telling people that they are not entitled to an opinion they hold.

casual disregard of an MP by Joe Sludge who's never amounted to anything isn't fine

It is fine. They're as entitled to an opinion as you are.

But more than that, you've no idea who it is that you're attempting to shout down. In fact you went as far as to say that anyone who uses this forum is by definition not important and by implication not allowed this negative opinion of a politician.

I don't need to see anything that isn't there to feel annoyed at the stance you've taken.

You are telling people that they are not entitled to an opinion they hold.

It is fine. They're as entitled to an opinion as you are.

But more than that, you've no idea who it is that you're attempting to shout down. In fact you went as far as to say that anyone who uses this forum is by definition not important and by implication not allowed this negative opinion of a politician.

To be frank I'm glad I've annoyed you.

If your interpretation is that I'm telling people they're not entitled to the opinions they hold then fine.

I'll use the word perspective, yes Joe Sludge is entitled to his opinion but if its of low quality then its not worth much is it? Do you listen to a qualified electrician or Joe Sludge on how to rewire your house? Do you listen to an MP on a political issue or Joe Sludge who's just read The Sun? If you have a chin stroking sixth form fantasy that everyone's equal and two such people's opinions are of equal value then good luck.

Archived