Do censorship laws need changing?

To be frank I'm glad I've annoyed you.

If your interpretation is that I'm telling people their not entitled to the opinions they hold then fine.

I'll use the word perspective, yes Joe Sludge is entitled to his opinion but if its of low quality then its not worth much is it? Do you listen to a qualified electrician or Joe Sludge on how to rewire your house? Do you listen to an MP on a political issue or Joe Sludge who's just read The Sun? If you have a chin stroking sixth form fantasy that everyone's equal and two such people's opinions are of equal value then good luck.

Your logic is flawed on so many levels that have already been pointed out to you. Failing to acknowledge your own errors regarding Sally Bercow's status and you own inconsistencies regarding your perception of Littlejohn and others' of Bercow fatally undermines you credibility.

If your interpretation is that I'm telling people their not entitled to the opinions they hold then fine.

I noticed you have shifted a semantic foot or two here. You may now claim that you are not telling people they are not entitled to their opinions although I would argue that a perfectly valid interpretation of the following is that you are.

Who are you to refer to Bercow as a nomark? Ever won an election? Thought not.

What you are now doing is telling people that they have no right to have their opinions respected based on a highly subjective and distorted value system that only you seem to hold. We can all disagree with other's opinions but your notion of prejudging the quality of that opinion whether you've heard it or not based upon social factors is, I'm afraid, emblematic of ignorance, and discrimination.

There are many people on this forum and others whose opinion I would hold in higher esteem than many disgraced public figures. Ambition in itself is not a badge of integrity.

Your logic is flawed on so many levels that have already been pointed out to you. Failing to acknowledge your own errors regarding Sally Bercow's status and you own inconsistencies regarding your perception of Littlejohn and others' of Bercow fatally undermines you credibility.

I noticed you have shifted a semantic foot or two here. You may now claim that you are not telling people they are not entitled to their opinions although I would argue that a perfectly valid interpretation of the following is that you are.

What you are now doing is telling people that they have no right to have their opinions respected based on a highly subjective and distorted value system that only you seem to hold. We can all disagree with other's opinions but your notion of prejudging the quality of that opinion whether you've heard it or not based upon social factors is, I'm afraid, emblematic of ignorance, and discrimination.

There are many people on this forum and others whose opinion I would hold in higher esteem than many disgraced public figures. Ambition in itself is not a badge of integrity.

I acknowledged I'd mistaken John Bercow for his wife and agreed that I didn't hold her in high regard. I did point out that more people are interested in her views than anyone's on here.

To make my position simpler still, everyone is entitled to their opinion but some opinions are worth more than others. Call me a snob, I won't be losing sleep but I think my electrician vs bloke down the pub sums it up perfectly. A person on Question Time who knows their stuff and holds a politician to account e.g. the woman who needled Thatcher on the Falklands is clearly brilliant. Joe Sludge simply repeating tabloid trash is not equal to a politician on the issue. Only a fool would say he is. He's entitled to his opinion and intelligent people are entitled to write him off.

I acknowledged I'd mistaken John Bercow for his wife and agreed that I didn't hold her in high regard. I did point out that more people are interested in her views than anyone's on here.

To make my position simpler still, everyone is entitled to their opinion but some opinions are worth more than others. Call me a snob, I won't be losing sleep but I think my electrician vs bloke down the pub sums it up perfectly. A person on Question Time who knows their stuff and holds a politician to account e.g. the woman who needled Thatcher on the Falklands is clearly brilliant. Joe Sludge simply repeating tabloid trash is not equal to a politician on the issue. Only a fool would say he is. He's entitled to his opinion and intelligent people are entitled to write him off.

No matter how you try you cannot defend the indefensible.

I see. Well my point still stands as you're not as important as Sally Bercow and shouldn't call her a no mark. If you were as important as her you wouldn't be on here would you?

What if the the woman who needled Thatcher on the Falklands was on here? By your logic she would be unimportant.

I'm not sure if your problem is more to do with flawed logic or the absolutist and insulting way in which you express yourself.

No matter how you try you cannot defend the indefensible.

What if the the woman who needled Thatcher on the Falklands was on here? By your logic she would be unimportant.

I'm not sure if your problem is more to do with flawed logic or the absolutist and insulting way in which you express yourself.

She'd be unimportant on here but important when in an arena that counts.

It's indefensible to you but fine to me, see how you present your opinion as absolutist?

If you can explain to me how its flawed logic to take a well informed person seriously and dismiss someone who's uninformed then I'll take your criticism seriously.

She'd be unimportant on here but important when in an arena that counts.

It's indefensible to you but fine to me, see how you present your opinion as absolutist?

If you can explain to me how its flawed logic to take a well informed person seriously and dismiss someone who's uninformed then I'll take your criticism seriously.

I think we've been off-topic for long enough. Let's leave others to decide on whose points are more worthy shall we?

I think we've been off-topic for long enough. Let's leave others to decide on whose points are more worthy shall we?

Fine.

I look forward to hearing about how your house burnt down after you took a bloke down the pub as seriously as an electrician or how you floated in the sea after taking a flight with a bloke who told you he was as equally entitled to fly a plane as the next man.

Fine.

I look forward to hearing about how your house burnt down after you took a bloke down the pub as seriously as an electrician or how you floated in the sea after taking a flight with a bloke who told you he was as equally entitled to fly a plane as the next man.

Well, that's very mean-spirited of you. Schadenfreude anyone? :D:

To be frank I'm glad I've annoyed you.

If your interpretation is that I'm telling people they're not entitled to the opinions they hold then fine.

I'll use the word perspective, yes Joe Sludge is entitled to his opinion but if its of low quality then its not worth much is it?

You don't know very much about most posters on this forum, so what makes you think you can judge the worth of their opinion. Who do you think you are?

Do you listen to a qualified electrician or Joe Sludge on how to rewire your house? Do you listen to an MP on a political issue or Joe Sludge who's just read The Sun?

I certainly wouldn't trust an MP on a political issue. If you would then you're probably a little bit gullible.

If you have a chin stroking sixth form fantasy that everyone's equal and two such people's opinions are of equal value then good luck.

I certainly don't. So what makes you think that you should be telling people whether or not they can hold and share their opinions. Shush now, Joe Sludge.

Archived