Do censorship laws need changing?

I acknowledged I'd mistaken John Bercow for his wife and agreed that I didn't hold her in high regard. I did point out that more people are interested in her views than anyone's on here.

As if popularity somehow means she shouldn't be criticised or dismissed by someone on here (and again you are making assumptions about the posters which are not supported by any evidence).

To make my position simpler still, everyone is entitled to their opinion but some opinions are worth more than others. Call me a snob, I won't be losing sleep but I think my electrician vs bloke down the pub sums it up perfectly. A person on Question Time who knows their stuff and holds a politician to account e.g. the woman who needled Thatcher on the Falklands is clearly brilliant. Joe Sludge simply repeating tabloid trash is not equal to a politician on the issue. Only a fool would say he is. He's entitled to his opinion and intelligent people are entitled to write him off.

The level of hypocrisy is making me chuckle here. You are dismissing the opinions of other posters with the slightly offensive "Joe Sludge" moniker, whilst apparently failing to realise how that applies to everything you say and this opinion you are expressing.

If you can explain to me how its flawed logic to take a well informed person seriously and dismiss someone who's uninformed then I'll take your criticism seriously.

Assuming that anyone who posts here is uniformed is a serious flaw in your logic.

But you're quite right, you didn't even know who we were talking about, so why should we take your opinion seriously?

Well it'll never happen because you would never do that, that's because you agree with me rather than some sixth form idea that all opinions are equal.

Nobody ever made that assertion.

I'm certainly not going to take your opinion about how superior MPs are seriously.

You don't know very much about most posters on this forum, so what makes you think you can judge the worth of their opinion. Who do you think you are?

I certainly wouldn't trust an MP on a political issue. If you would then you're probably a little bit gullible.

I certainly don't. So what makes you think that you should be telling people whether or not they can hold and share their opinions. Shush now, Joe Sludge.

I judge their opinions by reading them, that's what you do on a forum. Rather a strange point.

So you wouldn't trust a single MP on any political issue? Are you an anarchist?

I said anyone can hold an opinion but some are gold and some are dung.

As if popularity somehow means she shouldn't be criticised or dismissed by someone on here (and again you are making assumptions about the posters which are not supported by any evidence).

The level of hypocrisy is making me chuckle here. You are dismissing the opinions of other posters with the slightly offensive "Joe Sludge" moniker, whilst apparently failing to realise how that applies to everything you say and this opinion you are expressing.

Another who reads what they want to. I clearly stated an individual can criticise an elected person but they'd better make it good since the person they're criticising clearly has thousands of backers already. They should ask themselves if they'd get the same backing.

What hypocrisy? I've never said I'm anything other than ordinary or know everything. On the other hand the very earnest way you and the other try and take me to task comically shows you clearly do take your opinions very seriously.

Assuming that anyone who posts here is uniformed is a serious flaw in your logic.

But you're quite right, you didn't even know who we were talking about, so why should we take your opinion seriously?

You don't have to, however the amount of criticism and outright abuse you've had on here over the years compared to criticism of me speaks for itself.

I judge their opinions by reading them, that's what you do on a forum. Rather a strange point.

So you wouldn't trust a single MP on any political issue? Are you an anarchist?

I said anyone can hold an opinion but some are gold and some are dung.

and what makes you think yours are gold :huh: btw i think yours are dung :hihi::hihi::hihi:

and what makes you think yours are gold :huh: btw i think yours are dung :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Because I am more in line with a judge than you for starters. You make no distinction between the different types of expenses claims.

I wear your disregard of me as a badge of honour. A person who can't analyse their subject properly and uses daft faces constantly doesn't inspire confidence.

Archived