Do censorship laws need changing?

Do you expect me to believe that you know best? Joe Sludge, on some random internet forum, don't be silly, your opinion is worthless at best.

Fine, I'm clearly debating with someone who thinks every single MP is bent and not worth trusting on an issue. Are you an anarchist?

I judge their opinions by reading them, that's what you do on a forum. Rather a strange point.

Not reading them very carefully though.

So what about the opinion regarding Sarah Bercrow allowed you to judge that the holder of that opinion was entitled to judge an MP because they were so superior?

So you wouldn't trust a single MP on any political issue? Are you an anarchist?

Not trusting an MP is a far cry from being an anarchist. Do you believe that MPs are always truthful? Perhaps because they've been elected and are thus superior to you?

I said anyone can hold an opinion but some are gold and some are dung.

Indeed. :hihi:

Not reading them very carefully though.

So what about the opinion regarding Sarah Bercrow allowed you to judge that the holder of that opinion was entitled to judge an MP because they were so superior?

Not trusting an MP is a far cry from being an anarchist. Do you believe that MPs are always truthful? Perhaps because they've been elected and are thus superior to you?

Indeed. :hihi:

There is a world of difference between Dennis Skinner and Macshane, that is why some MP's are trustworthy.

Most MP's are doing something about society whereas I only comment on it so in that respect they are superior to me even if I'm superior to them at chess or whatever.

We've covered Sarah Bercow at length already.

Because I am more in line with a judge than you for starters. You make no distinction between the different types of expenses claims.

I wear your disregard of me as a badge of honour. A person who can't analyse their subject properly and uses daft faces constantly doesn't inspire confidence.

keep taking the medication :hihi: what time do they take you back after dinner ?

You're leaping to wild conclusions there, but what can I expect from some nobody on an internet forum. :roll:

How did I get to that 'wild' conclusion?

"I certainly wouldn't trust an MP on a political issue. If you would then you're probably a little bit gullible."

Another who reads what they want to. I clearly stated an individual can criticise an elected person but they'd better make it good since the person they're criticising clearly has thousands of backers already. They should ask themselves if they'd get the same backing.

You might have clearly stated that later on, but you certainly didn't on page 1 did you?

In fact you questioned who the poster was to dare dismiss an MP as a nobody (I forget the exact wording).

What hypocrisy?

The hypocrisy of having the opinion that the opinions expressed on this forum are of no value. And expressing that opinion on this forum.

I've never said I'm anything other than ordinary or know everything. On the other hand the very earnest way you and the other try and take me to task comically shows you clearly do take your opinions very seriously.

Do you not take your own opinions seriously?

If you don't feel qualified to judge an MP then don't, but try to tell other people they aren't entitled to do so. MPs are not superior, indeed the act of seeking power could be seen as a large character flaw.

How did I get to that 'wild' conclusion?

"I certainly wouldn't trust an MP on a political issue. If you would then you're probably a little bit gullible."

That doesn't explain how you leapt from a lack of trust of politicians to "anarchist".

Politicians have given us plenty of evidence that they are not trustworthy. They have hidden agendas, they cheat, lie and steal. They are just as human as everyone else.

You might have clearly stated that later on, but you certainly didn't on page 1 did you?

In fact you questioned who the poster was to dare dismiss an MP as a nobody (I forget the exact wording).

The hypocrisy of having the opinion that the opinions expressed on this forum are of no value. And expressing that opinion on this forum.

Do you not take your own opinions seriously?

If you don't feel qualified to judge an MP then don't, but try to tell other people they aren't entitled to do so. MPs are not superior, indeed the act of seeking power could be seen as a large character flaw.

I shouldn't have had to state it at all.

To dismiss an MP as a nomark is a big thing, this is not him dismissing some loser down the pub but a person with a constituency.

The opinions on here are of no value, what do they change? They provide us with a bit of amusement. I take my opinions seriously but I'm just having a casual debate on an informal forum. If this were parliament or the TUC then I might be more earnest like you.

Archived