Stop inconsiderate parking!

gsto

I live in a flat on Myrtle Crescent, and each of the 12 flats in my block has an allocated space in the small car park outside. There is one visitor's space.

One of the other flat residents has a regular visitor, and if the visitor's space is already in use he parks his car in the middle of the car park, making it VERY tight for everyone else. I'm not too badly affected as long as at least one other space is empty (for me to use so I can five point manouevre my way out!) but I am pretty sure that he blocks one of the other residents in.

I have written to the management company and they have written to all residents, asking them not to park in an unallocated space for various reasons - to allow access for emergency vehicles, for privacy reasons (as the space is outside someone's bedroom window) etc but it had no effect. I have regularly left copies of this letter under the windscreen wiper. There have also been various notes stuck on the front door by myself and others for the driver to see when they leave the flat, but they are ignored.

What can we do next?! I don't want to run my keys down the side of his car, tempting as it is. It's just SO frustrating to have an allocated space and then have to fit to get in and out of it!

Write again to the management company and identify to them the resident who's visitor is causing this issue.

It's the resident's responsibilty that their visitor complies with the contracted rules which will be written in some form in the rental agreement.

The management company will have to write directly to him stating that he is breach of said agreement and that his/her tenancy is in jeopardy if it continues.

good thought -- but if this is happening on private land I dont think the response will be encouraging from the police.

Point. Whilst it is undoubtedly blocking access to the highway if it's happening wholly on private land not sure they can do anything... in contrast to blocking someone in on their driveway where they can be towed.

jb

And apparently getting a tow company to tow it yourself is illegal, which is a shame.

If you own a trolley jack, you and a couple of mates could wheel it out of the way and leave it in the middle of the road, and then the police will tow it...

Thanks everyone. The flats are all privately owned so there's nothing to threaten the driver with I don't think - that's part of the problem. I love the idea of moving it myself, ha ha! Would never do it though. Food for thought, thanks!

Thanks everyone. The flats are all privately owned so there's nothing to threaten the driver with I don't think - that's part of the problem. I love the idea of moving it myself, ha ha! Would never do it though. Food for thought, thanks!

You don't need to threaten the driver though. He's a guest of a tennant and it's the tennant's responsibilty to make sure his guests comply with the rules.

As I said, get back in contact with the management company and tell them the guy is a guest of X. They will write to X and tell him that he's responsible for his guest's action and that further indecretions will mean consequences for him.

A tram park and rider frequently used to partially block our drive. The camber of the road and street light made it impossible to get off our drive. After hubby gently asked her not to do so she told us she could park anywhere as it was a public road, which is obviously true.

As we also could park "anywhere" according to her argument we did just that. Just an inch or so from her bumpers, front and back of the car.

Her face was a picture as desperation set in as she realised she couldn't go anywhere. After an appropriate amount of time ... had to finish my coffee, see to my daughter, take an urgent phone call we went out to move our cars. She didnt do it again!!!

Archived