Girl framed by Muslim cleric still in hiding despite no case to answer.

I was pretty shocked to hear this was still going on. Despite evidence coming to light that the girl had been framed by a Muslim cleric the charges have only just been dropped and the family are in hiding fearing for their life.

Despite the fabricate case against her it seems that exposing that the case was fabricated is sufficient to put the girl in danger of being murdered. What a worlderfull country that must be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20405290

A court in Pakistan has dropped a controversial blasphemy case against a Christian girl accused by her neighbour of burning pages from the Koran.

The girl, known as Rimsha and aged 14, was held in a maximum security jail in July prompting international concern.

Her arrest followed accusations by a Muslim cleric now facing a case for allegedly planting evidence.

Rimsha's lawyer said the case had been a misuse of law. Her family received death threats and went into hiding.

Following an outcry over the case, Rimsha, who doctors said was 14 years old but with a younger mental age, was released on bail - an extremely rare move in blasphemy cases.

The case against the Muslim cleric, accused of framing her, will proceed, says the BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad.

He will be tried for making a false accusation.

There has been no word yet from Rimsha and her family, who remain in hiding, at an undisclosed location, our correspondent says.

A leading human rights campaigner has welcomed the decision to drop the case against her, but says her life could still be at risk from extremists.

Blasphemy is a highly sensitive issue in Pakistan, where 97% of the population are Muslim.

Christian campaigners say more than 30 people - suspected of blasphemy - have been killed by mobs or vigilantes over the past 20 years.

Critics say the controversial laws are misused all too often - to persecute minorities or settle scores

They will always be a backward nation.

Its a nation with lots and lots of backward people in it.

I doubt very much they are all the same and i also doubt they all support whats happened to this girl.

The cleric is a nob and a stupid one at that but thats not to say every person in the country is like that.

Its a nation with lots and lots of backward people in it.

I doubt very much they are all the same and i also doubt they all support whats happened to this girl.

The cleric is a nob and a stupid one at that but thats not to say every person in the country is like that.

In that case it's odd that so many came out onto the streets shouting for her execution after the mere suggestion (ALL LIES) that she may have defaced their holy book.

The only --istans that aren't stuck in the last century are the ones still attempting the backwards journey towards the 19th century.

Archived