Terrible accident in the garden!

Alco needs to put the dirt back around the stump, and make it (the stump) into a 'rustic' garden seat. That way, when you're doing the rest of the garden, you can take a few moments to rest on it, admire your handywork and try and forget the summary execution of a perfectly innocent frog.

Of course you'll have to put a memorial plaque on the seat in memory of Kermit!

Thank you ... I have indeed just got back from the garden, to the relative peace and quiet of my computer. The hole around the un-dead tree stump has now been filled in, and an air of tranquility has now returned to the quiet suburban area of Crookes, specifically the Bolehills. The birds have once again started singing, and the cats are chasing the squirrels.

I feel that by turning the stump into a shrine for visitors to the area (by virtue of turning it into a garden seat), ill-judged, or at least, wildly foolhardy. It will do little to restore my tattered mental facilities and be an ever present reminder of that fateful day (Sunday).

You'll not be the first, and I dare say, not the last, to make lighthearted tomfoolery over my dilemma ... my G/F (girlfriend) started that within minutes of the fateful event, and has continued to do so to this day by means of text, e-mail and random daft phone calls. It's not 'Big' and it's not 'Clever'. Also, I'm pretty sure that frogs have proper names ... 'Kermit', as suggested by G/F (girlfriend) and yourself, is, I feel, very disrespectful.

I'm writing this with heavy heart.

Thank you ... I have indeed just got back from the garden, to the relative peace and quiet of my computer. The hole around the un-dead tree stump has now been filled in, and an air of tranquility has now returned to the quiet suburban area of Crookes, specifically the Bolehills. The birds have once again started singing, and the cats are chasing the squirrels.

I feel that by turning the stump into a shrine for visitors to the area (by virtue of turning it into a garden seat), ill-judged, or at least, wildly foolhardy. It will do little to restore my tattered mental facilities and be an ever present reminder of that fateful day (Sunday).

You'll not be the first, and I dare say, not the last, to make lighthearted tomfoolery over my dilemma ... my G/F (girlfriend) started that within minutes of the fateful event, and has continued to do so to this day by means of text, e-mail and random daft phone calls. It's not 'Big' and it's not 'Clever'. Also, I'm pretty sure that frogs have proper names ... 'Kermit', as suggested by G/F (girlfriend) and yourself, is, I feel, very disrespectful.

In view of the dilemma in regards to naming the frog, I thought this might assist! There's lots to choose from! :)

Personally I thought this might be appropriate "Edgar Frog Burrows"

Hire a mini digger and give it some stick with that. It will break roots and once it feels loose, wrap a chain round it and drag it out.

I've no clue on how it will affect any amphibians near by.

In view of the dilemma in regards to naming the frog, I thought this might assist! There's lots to choose from! :)

Personally I thought this might be appropriate "Edgar Frog Burrows"

What an exciting website Pete ... I'm printing it out as I type, so as to enable me to read it in the snuggly confines of my bed later on. (Not)

I'm not asking for a 'Name the Dead Frog' type competition here ... I'm wanting (what's the word) 'solace' or 'Closure' ... maybe 'Empathy'?

Please have a heart.

Archived