Why is car price so high in the UK?

We also paid to remove cars from the road to keep up the 2nd hand car prices. You can actually make a bit of money by exporting cars to Romania to cash them in for the scrappage bonuses. Lots of cars have been taken of the road in this way and it has forced prices up.

Buy cheap car, go over, collect bonus, buy cheap baccy, come back, collect bonus.

at least 50% higher than other places, be it America or Continental Europe. Why? Salaries here ain't better, if not worse.

I find that hard to believe that we are paying more than double the price people pay in the EU and USA for the cars. Do you have any evidence of this?

I find that hard to believe that we are paying more than double the price people pay in the EU and USA for the cars. Do you have any evidence of this?
I don't know what you pay for cars, but I can give you an idea what you might pay here on a car you would likely have there. Prices would be for a middle loaded car, not basic, not fancy.

A Ford Focus about $14,000, Hyundai Sonata $21,000, Honda Civic $16,000, Ford Mustang $24,000, Jeep Cherokee $ 23,000. Sales Tax around 6% depending on the State, added on after purchase. All vehicles with A/T, A/C, power brakes, power steering, power seats, power windows, power door locks, sunroof, full air bags. Hyundai, and Kia have 100,000 mile powertrain warranties. The dollar is worth 63 P. That would make your Ford Focus about 8800 pounds with the sales tax paid.

I don't know what you pay for cars, but I can give you an idea what you might pay here on a car you would likely have there. Prices would be for a middle loaded car, not basic, not fancy.

A Ford Focus about $14,000, Hyundai Sonata $21,000, Honda Civic $16,000, Ford Mustang $24,000, Jeep Cherokee $ 23,000. Sales Tax around 6% depending on the State, added on after purchase. All vehicles with A/T, A/C, power brakes, power steering, power seats, power windows, power door locks, sunroof, full air bags. Hyundai, and Kia have 100,000 mile powertrain warranties. I think the dollar is worth about 57P right now but not sure.

that's what I'm saying. it worths about 62p at the moment I guess.

Archived