How Many Cigs Do You Smoke A Day? What's Normal?

Cool!! What year did you finish and how long did you smoke for? I stopped for a while and looked at smokers outside various establishments and laughed at their lack of will power - ten minutes later I lit up :(

Smoking is horrible. I can literally feel my lungs failing. I'm out of breath. I must be :( on par with the worst drug addicts out there. I just cannot stop

I'd been smoking for 7 years when I gave up, and that was a very long time ago (makes me feel rather elderly). I just decided one day that I wouldn't do it any more and stopped- I can be that absolute with things though.

Maybe not that many, perhaps 40-50.

I smoke small rollies though, they are like half a cigarette (if on my own I would stub a normal cig out halfway as I would have temporarily had my fill).

If I smoked cigarillos I'd probably smoke 10-12 a day.

Sometimes I smoke on the pipe.

How do you feel on smoking that amount?

Was it really that simple? I have walked thru snow and ice to get a fag :(

Me too. But that day, I really couldn't be bothered.

After that it was quite simple really. Unless, you count the incidents with the Nicorette gum and extreme paranoia.:)

I'd been smoking for 7 years when I gave up, and that was a very long time ago (makes me feel rather elderly). I just decided one day that I wouldn't do it any more and stopped- I can be that absolute with things though.

Cool. I started smoking in my late 20's. Just social stuff in the pub when others passed around free cigs. It went on to asking for cigs from the group of friends.

I remember one night when I purposely went and bought some fags from a vending machine. The heavily promoted 'Benson's and Hedges' in a rather trendy gold pack. That was my down fall.

Me too. But that day, I really couldn't be bothered.

After that it was quite simple really. Unless, you count the incidents with the Nicorette gum and extreme paranoia.:)

On the days of no cigs - I felt like a loon!! Simple questions felt like somebody was coming to hang me!!

When paying tax - morally superior - probably paid for an hospital.

If non smokers paid the same extra tax that smokers do, we would never have had a deficit.

Agreed. The amount in tax I have paided over the years on fags would have bought me my own private BUPA hang out hospital :(

Cool. I started smoking in my late 20's. Just social stuff in the pub when others passed around free cigs. It went on to asking for cigs from the group of friends.

I remember one night when I purposely went and bought some fags from a vending machine. The heavily promoted 'Benson's and Hedges' in a rather trendy gold pack. That was my down fall.

The branding of the cigs was your downfall. If cigs were sold in plain packets would they be as attractive? I mean who would buy addictive, health and wealth damaging drugs if they were only sold in little transparent self seal bags?

The branding of the cigs was your downfall. If cigs were sold in plain packets would they be as attractive? I mean who would buy addictive, health and wealth damaging drugs if they were only sold in little transparent self seal bags?

Most smokers now buy baccy in large transparent self seal bags? It is just like buying cannabis, oats or potatoes.

Ha ha! No!

Archived