How Many Cigs Do You Smoke A Day? What's Normal?

Depends , if my mans there with the Russian fags made from dandelion leafs and body hair @£2 a pack then it's about 80. If however I have to go to co-op then it's as many as I can borrow or buy for 20p off people entering the shop.

If I have to have one and my giro run out then I'm off up to local school taking them of the 7 year olds.

Cool!! What year did you finish and how long did you smoke for? I stopped for a while and looked at smokers outside various establishments and laughed at their lack of will power - ten minutes later I lit up :(

Smoking is horrible. I can literally feel my lungs failing. I'm out of breath. I must be :( on par with the worst drug addicts out there. I just cannot stop

I started smoking when I was 13, woodbines and park drive. By the time I finally quit I was over 70, and had survived cancer of the larynx, which didn't stop me. I began using nicorette gum which helped, but I got addicted to them as well. Then out of the blue, I decided neither the cigs or the whisky were worth the hassle and expense, so I just stopped dead. One week of sheer agony, then it was easy. Nine years later I still get a twinge now and then, but there's no way back for me. I see the sad folks outside the airport departure area puffing a last desperate drag before the horror of coach and denial, and feel superior and sorry for them:)

I started smoking when I was 13, woodbines and park drive. By the time I finally quit I was over 70, and had survived cancer of the larynx, which didn't stop me. I began using nicorette gum which helped, but I got addicted to them as well. Then out of the blue, I decided neither the cigs or the whisky were worth the hassle and expense, so I just stopped dead. One week of sheer agony, then it was easy. Nine years later I still get a twinge now and then, but there's no way back for me. I see the sad folks outside the airport departure area puffing a last desperate drag before the horror of coach and denial, and feel superior and sorry for them:)

ACE! You just stopped it cold dead?

When I smoked I used to get through 30 a day. I think 20-230 a day is pretty normal for a smoker and anything over is considered heavy smoking.

Nowadays 0 a day is normal as there's more non-smokers than smokers.

You consider heavy smoking to be if they smoke over 230 a day? :shocked::D

I dislike the orthodox, almost compulsory, thinking that giving up smoking is all good. It isn't and there are plenty of things about smoking that are good. There's things I miss about smoking from the pleasure of inhaling nicotine to the camaraderie and sociability of the smoker.

It's stupid to gloss over these and the power they have to someone who's giving up smoking.

I don't smoke now either. Started at 15 and gave up in my late 40s and haven't had a cig for over 17 years. My brand of choice was B&H too, around 20 a day. My parents were smokers, as was my husband. He stopped when he had a heart attack just before he was 50.

At the time we stopped money wasn't the driving force for either of us, it was our health. I was a minimum 20 a day smoker. But now we're retired, if we still smoked B&H, it would cost over £80 a week, so we'd be unable to afford so many other things - like heating our house properly! :o

Archived