How Many Cigs Do You Smoke A Day? What's Normal?

The branding of the cigs was your downfall. If cigs were sold in plain packets would they be as attractive? I mean who would buy addictive, health and wealth damaging drugs if they were only sold in little transparent self seal bags?

Sorry but got to disagree, I stopped smoking 7 years ago next week (I was 20-40 a day), mind you being told I'd come within 1 week of dying helped, and that if I continued I would die.

I had a quadruple bypass at 47 (which is young), now I'm not saying all my problems were down to smoking, I enjoyed it, eating habits, drinking, oh and working 60-80 hours a week to give my family the best surely didn't help.

I started smoking at school as lots of people did it, it was seen as cool to do it, plus parents smoked. It did not matter to me what the pack looked like, lots of people start as I say as they are told "its cool".

I have said on here numerous times, stopping smoking is EASY, its staying stopped that's hardest.:)

Sorry but got to disagree, I stopped smoking 7 years ago next week (I was 20-40 a day), mind you being told I'd come within 1 week of dying helped, and that if I continued I would die.

I had a quadruple bypass at 47 (which is young), now I'm not saying all my problems were down to smoking, I enjoyed it, eating habits, drinking, oh and working 60-80 hours a week to give my family the best surely didn't help.

I started smoking at school as lots of people did it, it was seen as cool to do it, plus parents smoked. It did not matter to me what the pack looked like, lots of people start as I say as they are told "its cool".

I have said on here numerous times, stopping smoking is EASY, its staying stopped that's hardest.:)

We all smoked, when you went to the cinema, you could barely see the picture through the haze. Even Bogart dying of lung cancer, or Nat King Cole dying of throat cancer didn't stop us. I was a 40 a day smoker, except when I was driving the long miles my work took me to. Then I just chain smoked. I smoked Senior Service in UK when I could afford them otherwise Woodies. In America I smoked Salem or Pall Mall.

None is normal,but with the asthma,I read in a medical journal years ago that asthma can be caused by the fine hairs in the throat that are used to trap small particles but smoking slicks these hairs down so you are less prone to asthma,also on high altitude mountain climbs climbers who smoke fare much better because their bodies are used to working with reduced oxygen levels.

We all smoked, when you went to the cinema, you could barely see the picture through the haze. Even Bogart dying of lung cancer, or Nat King Cole dying of throat cancer didn't stop us. I was a 40 a day smoker, except when I was driving the long miles my work took me to. Then I just chain smoked. I smoked Senior Service in UK when I could afford them otherwise Woodies. In America I smoked Salem or Pall Mall.

Hi buck I remember the little ashtrays on back of cinema seats, my grand dad used to smoke Senior Service (80 a day). I have tried Pall Mall, not a bad smoke TBH, I saw an old film the other day with someone smoking in the hospital, imagine that now.

ACE! You just stopped it cold dead?

Might sound obvious rampent,but if you gunna try and stop smoking you have to %100 want too,theres times when i really enjoy a smoke.and i know that i would miss it,i have a heart condition.four kids,two grandaughters so if that isnt enough reason to stop then nowt is [ stupid,selfish,yeah i agree] anyway i started on the vaping about 6 weeks ago,not had any problems whatsoever,easy peasy.no desire to smoke another fag whatsoever.

Might sound obvious rampent,but if you gunna try and stop smoking you have to %100 want too,theres times when i really enjoy a smoke.and i know that i would miss it,i have a heart condition.four kids,two grandaughters so if that isnt enough reason to stop then nowt is [ stupid,selfish,yeah i agree] anyway i started on the vaping about 6 weeks ago,not had any problems whatsoever,easy peasy.no desire to smoke another fag whatsoever.

Good on you, I had to look up vaping mind :), my missus still smokes yet her dad died of cancer, I've gone through what I have; and bro in law just had major cancer op.

She says if she wants to stop she will on her terms, not when someone tells her, she also admitted the other day it does help her with stresses, she never knows how I'm going to be & she keeps house going so in a way I understand.

Archived