How Many Cigs Do You Smoke A Day? What's Normal?

Good on you, I had to look up vaping mind :), my missus still smokes yet her dad died of cancer, I've gone through what I have; and bro in law just had major cancer op.

She says if she wants to stop she will on her terms, not when someone tells her, she also admitted the other day it does help her with stresses, she never knows how I'm going to be & she keeps house going so in a way I understand.

Seriously mate,suggest vaping to the missus.It takes no will power cos you do exactly the same as before but with a harmless device[its also a hell of a lot cheaper]

Might sound obvious rampent,but if you gunna try and stop smoking you have to %100 want too,theres times when i really enjoy a smoke.and i know that i would miss it,i have a heart condition.four kids,two grandaughters so if that isnt enough reason to stop then nowt is [ stupid,selfish,yeah i agree] anyway i started on the vaping about 6 weeks ago,not had any problems whatsoever,easy peasy.no desire to smoke another fag whatsoever.

Understand. But I just cannot get to that level of 100%. It's a bloody nightmare.

Understand. But I just cannot get to that level of 100%. It's a bloody nightmare.

I was an addict too for years. (i'd have rolled up from someone else's ashtray if I'm being honest) stopped for a year cold turkey then started again, was more addicted than before, saw family members die from lung cancer and knew had to stop. and it took months but I have done it, I know that I can't risk smoking even one again (thats how I started again last time). I still have odd cravings but they don't last long. I miss bits about smoking but there's a lot of benefits too-breathings better, I don't stink,house is cleaner, I don't miss life cos I'm thinking when can I go for a fag, and I'm less likely to die horribley and too young.

There is a way for everyone to stop rampent-a good book is the one by Alan Carr (no not that one), hypnosis helped me -but I was already half way there-for some people its a one off solution, gum( I used that too) patches are right for some, there's a tablet your GP can prescribe (but only in certain circumstances), there's groups (that was never for me-but each to their own.

Just remember everyone is different and there will be a way for you-to be honest I thought I could never stop but eventually I did,

GOOD LUCK:)

Hi buck I remember the little ashtrays on back of cinema seats, my grand dad used to smoke Senior Service (80 a day). I have tried Pall Mall, not a bad smoke TBH, I saw an old film the other day with someone smoking in the hospital, imagine that now.
In 1979 I was in a car crash thar killed my wife and left my son nearly crippled. My son and I were taken to a Hospital in Worcester Massachusetts, where I was kept for over a week. Halfway through the week, I said to my nurse that I could kill for a cig. She went out and bought me a carton of Salem, and they let me smoke in my room. Today, if I still smoked I would not be allowed to either in the hospital or anywhere in the grounds.By the way,I have to refrain from calling them fags, a word reserved for the homosexual today.

Might sound obvious rampent,but if you gunna try and stop smoking you have to %100 want too,theres times when i really enjoy a smoke.and i know that i would miss it,i have a heart condition.four kids,two grandaughters so if that isnt enough reason to stop then nowt is [ stupid,selfish,yeah i agree] anyway i started on the vaping about 6 weeks ago,not had any problems whatsoever,easy peasy.no desire to smoke another fag whatsoever.
I think when you retire, and the big money isn't there any more, and a carton costs 80 bucks a carton, when they used to cost 20, it kind of gets a bit easier to quit, especially when you're getting the evil eye from that darling girl from Clare, who's the size of a leprechaun.:hihi:

My FIL smoked from being 10 years old, approx 30 a day my husband said. He died two years ago after suffering two strokes in three years and battling Alzheimer disease. I'm not a smoker and I'm not endorsing smoking at all but I get sick of the comments that smoking kills. No, underlying health issues kill and sure, smoking doesn't help of course. Personally I can't stand it; when I was pregnant with my second I had the worst morning sickness (all day) ever and even walking past someone smoking had me throwing my guts up in the street. I understand an addiction though, I seriously think I have a shooing addiction; I have to buy something every day, no matter what it is I just have to buy something. Kids clothes are my downfall and I actually get a rush, a bit of a high from buying kids clothes :-/

My FIL smoked from being 10 years old, approx 30 a day my husband said. He died two years ago after suffering two strokes in three years and battling Alzheimer disease. I'm not a smoker and I'm not endorsing smoking at all but I get sick of the comments that smoking kills. No, underlying health issues kill and sure, smoking doesn't help of course. Personally I can't stand it; when I was pregnant with my second I had the worst morning sickness (all day) ever and even walking past someone smoking had me throwing my guts up in the street. I understand an addiction though, I seriously think I have a shooing addiction; I have to buy something every day, no matter what it is I just have to buy something. Kids clothes are my downfall and I actually get a rush, a bit of a high from buying kids clothes :-/
When everybody smoked, you just got used to the smell of cigarettes. Britain always smelled different from France because of he different tobaccos. America was different again. But those smells have slowly but surely diminished, so that when you come upon an active smoker it can be offensive to your senses. At first, while I was still smoking and somebody waffed their hand around as if to show they objected, I could be, and often was abusive to them. The "Its a free country" gambit. But I eventually joined the people who still smoked but only in the privacy of their own home or car. Then I quit for good. I still have friends who smoke, but I don't hassle them about it. It's nobody's business but theirs, and I like to keep friends I've had for years.

Archived