Energy tariffs to be simplified

Mecky

Yes, this is what concerns me. Seems like those of us who bother to shop around and switch every so often onto the cheap deals may lose out.

And lets face it, no matter what the legislation is the Energy Companies will find a way of ensuring it makes them even more profit than before, hiding behind the fact that they are being "forced" to do it.

This is why this goverment is crap, they tell the energy companies to simplify tariffs, they should be sorting out the extortionate prices they charge, but they won't because they are not for the working man, this was their best ever chance to show us who's side they are really on, get em out!:rant:

I've just played the energy supplier lottery and I think this is a good thing because the number of different tariffs was just a complete joke.

nPower had well over 50 different tarrifs making it a complete nightmare trying to choose which company and which tariff to go for.

Plus none of them are up front about the unit costs, you have to dig around for ages to find the actual price.

Yes, this is what concerns me. Seems like those of us who bother to shop around and switch every so often onto the cheap deals may lose out.

And lets face it, no matter what the legislation is the Energy Companies will find a way of ensuring it makes them even more profit than before, hiding behind the fact that they are being "forced" to do it.

In the current situation the 85% who don't switch are the ones subsidising the ones who do switch onto low tarriffs. Hardly a fair system.

jb

In the current situation the 85% who don't switch are the ones subsidising the ones who do switch onto low tarriffs. Hardly a fair system.

jb

The majority of those can switch, they just choose not to. Apathy is the Energy Companies best friend. Yes, a few do not have the means to find other deals, for example the elderly or those unable to use a computer and I agree that they should be assisted onto cheaper deals. Absolutely. Fuel poverty amongst the elderly and disabled is a scandal.

Those who are in debt to their supplier can switch within the company to a better deal. I frankly do not care about people who can't be bothered, if they want to subsidise my cheap deal that's fine by me.

You lot just don't get it! It doesn't matter what tariff you choose, your still getting ripped off by these companies and the goverment are letting it happen, it shows you how spineless this goverment is by coming out with a feeble ooh! make the tariffs easier to choose, it's just a proposal and a big excuse to say they have done something. I repeat get em out!:rant:

You lot just don't get it! It doesn't matter what tariff you choose, your still getting ripped off by these companies and the goverment are letting it happen, it shows you how spineless this goverment is by coming out with a feeble ooh! make the tariffs easier to choose, it's just a proposal and a big excuse to say they have done something. I repeat get em out!:rant:

Oh I get it, truly I do, but it doesn't matter who's in Government, they're all showers of ****.

Thoughts?
Exact same principle as the car insurance market recently forced to remove gender weighing in premiums = 'levelling' up, rather than down.

Entirely predictable, if there is no Gvt oversight/regulatory role as part and parcel of the implementation.

Archived