Question about parking tickets.

If a parking ticket once placed on the dash over turns with the draught created by closing the car door and hence not showing the details, does the fine still stand. everything like payment and time is in order. Thanks in advance.

Judging from experience yes, it does (assuming this is council). I got done for incorrectly displaying whereby my ticket had blown partially under some papers which were on the dash thereby obscuring part of it. Appeal turned down, £30 out of pocket.

jb

Judging from experience yes, it does (assuming this is council). I got done for incorrectly displaying whereby my ticket had blown partially under some papers which were on the dash thereby obscuring part of it. Appeal turned down, £30 out of pocket.

jb

Cheers for the info, one of my neighbours kids slammed the car door and she didn't think to look to see if ticket had been disturbed, she was too busy monitering the kids saftey at the time, surely the little hitlers won't nick her will they. PS, it is council pay and display.

Cheers for the info, one of my neighbours kids slammed the car door and she didn't think to look to see if ticket had been disturbed, she was too busy monitering the kids saftey at the time.

From your description, it seems clear that she knew she had a ticket, so I don't see why anything the kids might have done would change anything.

surely the little hitlers won't nick her will they.

Why wouldn't they?

PS, it is council pay and display.

Tell her to pay quick.

From your description, it seems clear that she knew she had a ticket, so I don't see why anything the kids might have done would change anything.

Why wouldn't they?

Tell her to pay quick.

cheers, but how do you mean she knew she had the ticket?

cheers, but how do you mean she knew she had the ticket?

Cheers for the info, one of my neighbours kids slammed the car door and she didn't think to look to see if ticket had been disturbed, she was too busy monitering the kids saftey at the time, surely the little hitlers won't nick her will they. PS, it is council pay and display.

The bit in bold would seem to suggest she knew there was a ticket, otherwise why would anyone think to look for something that's not there?

Have a look at the PCN and see if you can appeal without falling foul of the doubling up of the fine. If you can then appeal. Also take a look at http://www.pepipoo.com/

jb

The bit in bold would seem to suggest she knew there was a ticket, otherwise why would anyone think to look for something that's not there?

yes sorry cross wires, she placed the ticket face up on the dash but when she returned to the car the ticket had had flipped over and then was face down so the infringment is not displaying the ticket correctly is this a fineable offence is what I was asking.

just had a word and she is going to appeal attaching a letter of her dilemma and see how it pans out but thanks for the help and advice.

I suppose the issue is ,at least with the traffic warden,that the bit of paper on the dash could have been anything..even an out of date ticket...

Archived