Should we temporarily employ Chinese builders to solve our housing crisis?

Can you please provide evidence of the amounts of BSBs collapsing in China in nominal terms and the relative amounts compared to the amount they have built over the past 10 years.

Chemist I do not know about what happens in China but when Sheffield used the system at Broomhall the panels strted to fall off after just five years.

The only way is bricks and mortar has been since the Chinese first used it over a thousand years ago.

Can you please provide evidence of the amounts of BSBs collapsing in China in nominal terms and the relative amounts compared to the amount they have built over the past 10 years.

No, I doubt that such information exists.

But

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2008/0514/p06s05-woap.html

some international experts are questioning the adequacy of the region's building codes and construction practices.

China has "fairly rigorous building codes that have been in place. The problem is implementation of the codes," says Andrew Smeall, an associate with the Asia Society's US-China Center in New York.

Xinhua said more than 12,000 had died in Sichuan province alone

and

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5685963/Nine-held-over-Shanghai-building-collapse.html

The collapse at the Lotus Riverside, a complex of 11 residential buildings in Shanghai, early on Saturday morning killed one construction worker and left hundreds of prospective tenants angrily demanding their money back.

China's official news agency, Xinhua, said officials were taking "appropriate control measures" against nine people, including the developer, construction contractor and supervisor of the project after it was reported that the company's construction license had expired in 2004.

The collapse shocked many in China where construction failures are relatively common in inland areas, but not expected in showcase cities such as Shanghai which will host the 2010 World Expo.

It is some times a case of who you know.

Around where I live some very nice corner plots seem to have gone to people who shall we say are very council friendly.

These are serious claims and should be looked at as a matter of urgency.

I have contacts who will investigate these claims so if you can pm the addresses of these properties I'll have them initiate an internal investigation.

I will also include South Yorkshire Police in any correspondence so if there is any criminality this can be picked up and dealt with too.

I can assure you that your identity will never be revealed.

No, I doubt that such information exists.

Of course it does.

And Lotus Riverside wasn't even a BSB. No BSBs have collapsed, and they are built to be magnitude 9 eartquake resistant;

Meanwhile, in the UK, we don't have BSBs yet...

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/ilford-building-collapses-during-construction

The collapse of the City Gates Christian Centre in Clements Road came just a week after the structure was topped out. The £7.5m community centre was scheduled for completion in autumn 2012.

Contractor Ashe said that the collapse occurred at 4.30pm, after all site operations had finished for the day. "Following extensive searches of the building site and surrounding areas the emergency services have confirmed that no site workers or members of the public have been injured as a result of the partial collapse," the company said.

BSBs are the way forward.

Nope 2 kids of mixed sex, bidding on houses not too far from us in S5. I don't know what we are doing wrong ? We know people personally who have moved into 3 bedroom houses in a few weeks of being on the list.

Yeah, with 2 kids of different sex you will only be bidding on 3 bed properties of course. S5 had a lot of these demolished in recent years, and there will be a lot bidding for the remaining ones with a good 8 years or more. If you know personally people who have moved in to these properties with little waiting time, then they will have got one of the 3 in 4 properties that is issued based on priority rather than waiting time. I very much doubt you are being diddled. S5 isn't a bad area, lots of people will be bidding, and after each bid you can look online at how long each one had in waiting time.

Of course it does.

Because of the free media in China.

And Lotus Riverside wasn't even a BSB. No BSBs have collapsed, and they are built to be magnitude 9 eartquake resistant;

And the rating of the one that destroyed all the schools? (I know, I guess you don't).

These are serious claims and should be looked at as a matter of urgency.

I have contacts who will investigate these claims so if you can pm the addresses of these properties I'll have them initiate an internal investigation.

I will also include South Yorkshire Police in any correspondence so if there is any criminality this can be picked up and dealt with too.

I can assure you that your identity will never be revealed.

No thanks, proving that these things happen is the problem but it does and we all know it!

Archived