Allotments have become a necessity.

As has been pointed out to you umpteen times what you view as "idle" land is generally nothing of the sort. Crops need rotation, grazing land has to be rested at times and hay production for animal feeds uses a lot of land.

If you had your way we wouldn't have to worry about the price of food because there wouldn't be any food in the shops in the first place.

Urban farming in many US cities is now becoming the norm and came about because it was a NECCESITY not a fantasy, the same problems are now fast arising here in the UK and it will only be a matter of time before we follow suite.

Read

http://inhabitat.com/detroits-urban-agriculture-movement-could-help-green-the-city/

Watch

Urban farming in many US cities is now becoming the norm and came about because it was a NECCESITY, the same problems are now fast arising here in the UK and it will only be a matter of time before we follow suite.

Read

http://inhabitat.com/detroits-urban-agriculture-movement-could-help-green-the-city/

Watch

No they arent. At all.... So either talk sense of Hush!

Yes they're! So either prove urban farming isn't happening or hush!

Did I say it was a myth? People in Todmorden gorw things on roundabouts and no doubt in grit bins....Doesnt make it needed though?

Are you one of those that thinks growing edible crops involves planting the seed and waiting for it to turn into an edible crop, while you knit your own sandals?

There is a lot of them take on allotments for a year or two :D

There is nothing wrong with growing your own food, it is a very good thing. What is wrong is that we have idle land and people who wish to grow food and these people are unable to do so because they do not have access to land.
Plenty of people grow their own food.

People who don't have land can rent an allotment. Am I right in thinking that your problem with all of this is that you think people who do not own property or land should be given free use of land they do not own to grow their weed/potatoes?

Did I say it was a myth? People in Todmorden gorw things on roundabouts and no doubt in grit bins....Doesnt make it needed though?

Are you one of those that thinks growing edible crops involves planting the seed and waiting for it to turn into an edible crop, while you knit your own sandals?

There is a lot of them take on allotments for a year or two :D

Of course urban farms are needed in cities and that is exactly the reason why they came about, have you read and watched the links?

Hardly I drive a uneconomical 2.0 litre car, have heating on and then open the window for fresh air.

You can stereotype but when I was in Detroit it was mostly just poor black people whom had nothing, and now many UK residents will be forced to do the same.

Archived