Allotments have become a necessity.

So all owner occupiers have well trimmed gardens full of taters and cabbage do they.

Some of the council houses on our estate have gardens that win prizes.

Not all of them, not even the majority. Some might win awards, and good on em, but there will be far more gardens containing broken trampolines than veg.

And compare welfare payments between darnal and Detroit. You get far less in the latter.

Not all of them, not even the majority. Some might win awards, and good on em, but there will be far more gardens containing broken trampolines than veg.

And compare welfare payments between darnal and Detroit. You get far less in the latter.

So who has got the most broken trampolines then Council or private houses, Detroit or Darnall.

So all owner occupiers have well trimmed gardens full of taters and cabbage do they.

Some of the council houses on our estate have gardens that win prizes.

The point I was making is that chemists states that it is the poor that should have access to land to grow veg. He seems to think that if they have access to land they will all grow veg and solve the world hunger problem.

Most of my family rent and they have nice gardens.

I have a relative that owns and I am embarrassed at the state of their garden.

Not many people owning their own house are on the breadline and also have their own land to grow veg wether they want to or not.

So who has got the most broken trampolines then Council or private houses, Detroit or Darnall.

I don't know. Who grows the most veg ? Private home owners or council tennants ?

Farmers grow the most and everyone buys the food using money earnt or given by the state. That's how it works.

The point I was making is that chemists states that it is the poor that should have access to land to grow veg. He seems to think that if they have access to land they will all grow veg and solve the world hunger problem.

Most of my family rent and they have nice gardens.

I have a relative that owns and I am embarrassed at the state of their garden.

So, in a way, Chem has a point.

If people have access to land, but don't want to use it... and people don't have access to land, but do want to use it. That sort of begs the question "Are we doing this right?"

Surely we can do better.

LVCF does not prove your point; it proves mine.

And the point is if you want land you can get it, you just have to have determination and work for it.

No you can't, many of the qualified middle classes where you are in America cannot get work or land despite their determination, and charity workers are arrested by Police for giving them food.

Archived