Cycling accidents soar, time for segregated cycle lanes?

You can either grow up and stop slinging the insults around and discuss the topic like adults or i can issue bans. Your choice.

Is it possible for the moderators to ban someone from posting on certain topics without banning him from the whole forum?

If the forum had a cycling section as requested here and here, would it be possible to block subject-specific troublemakers from it without banning them entirely? (One of the moderators supported the idea.)

sadly we need these big daft trucks ian. I for one have a great respect for lorry drivers, who do a very difficult job in todays crazy traffic. where would we be without them?

I think Ian's point was just that it's silly for anyone to complain about bikes wearing the road surface, even with those tyres. Don't forget that most cyclists are just trying to get to work too.

We've got a good seperate cycle lane on Penistone Road, yet I still see cyclists on the main dual carrage way holding up the rush hour traffic.

When it is rush hour on Penistone Road, the traffic is moving so slow that a person on a bicycle won't exactly slow the drivers down :)

When it is rush hour on Penistone Road, the traffic is moving so slow that a person on a bicycle won't exactly slow the drivers down :)

it does when drivers pull into the next lane to avoid a cyclist, which slows both lanes down.

Another anoying thing, is when traffic is at a halt, cyclists chancing it on a cars blind spots, weaving inbetween front/rears of vehicles, rather than staying in lane. Overtaking into on comming traffic (eg Leppings lane just where the right turn is for Parkside Road)

A cyclist can't be done for a RTA, unless they've hit a pedestrian. But chancing it on a bike just because you can fit the gap means big heavy thing might hurt you.

We've got a good seperate cycle lane on Penistone Road, yet I still see cyclists on the main dual carrage way holding up the rush hour traffic.

A quick search of this very forum will give you chapter and verse as to the ways in which the "good seperate cycle lane on Penistone Road" is anything but.

A quick search of this very forum will give you chapter and verse as to the ways in which the "good seperate cycle lane on Penistone Road" is anything but.

It's a lot better than nothing at all.

If you want to have more cylcle lanes, then road tax and third party insurace (which gets taxed) for cyclists may be something the government should consider to fund such projects.

Archived