Cycling accidents soar, time for segregated cycle lanes?

Horse riders tend to be insured for a lot of public liability insurance.

no they do not. PLI is for businesses to insure against if a customer or member of public suffered a loss or injury as a result of its business activities. there is no requirement for PLI for those who own a horse. you are very much mistaken and who ever told you that was barking up the wrong tree.

no they do not. PLI is for businesses to insure against if a customer or member of public suffered a loss or injury as a result of its business activities. there is no requirement for PLI for those who own a horse. you are very much mistaken and who ever told you that was barking up the wrong tree.

might not be a legal requirement but it is considered the norm....

google it..........................

Consider the following options for your horse insurance:

Third party liability insurance

This is an absolute must-have: due to a decision in the Houses of Lords a horse keeper or owner is now liable for any injury or damage that his/her horse causes or does to other people regardless, whether s/he is negligent or not.(UK law)

Check, if this is covered and included in your horse owner insurance policy.

Might not be called public liability but essence is the same.........and thinking about it I've got a public liability section on my house buildings insurance and I'm not a business!!!

too late to ask horse owners they are all in bed now

ps it is called public liability insurance too http://www.cornishmutual.co.uk/blog/posts/2011/october/why-public-liability-insurance-is-a-must-for-horse-owners/

It is you who are wrong and barking up the wrong tree

Sheffield is not cycle friendly, too many hills for a start, but for the guys who are fit enough, the answer is TRAINING !!!!!

They dont take a test, hold a license and by the way they filter in and out of traffic they put THEMSELVES in dangerous situations. I hold full licenses for car and motorcycle and if I drive like a moron [same as a lot of cyclists ride] then I stand to lose both licenses. I give cycles, horses, pedestrians space. I would appreciate the same courtesies from cyclists.

Compulsory training, INSURANCE, and the risk of losing their licenses would improve cyclists behaviour AND reduce the number of accidents.

Traffic laws should apply to us all, PENALTIES as well.

yea price us all of the road, thats the way to go.. why do you think cycling is on the increase???.. ANSWER lack of money!!!

yea price us all of the road, thats the way to go.. why do you think cycling is on the increase???.. ANSWER lack of money!!!

Not true,I have car and bike and prefer to cycle than drive,its just more enjoyable,its just the idiots in the cars who need to be educated.

Who mentioned money ?? I'm no rich 4WD driver, just a bloke who sees untrained, unsafe cyclists taking their lives in their hands. Training should be compulsory. Who says it should cost money ??

Motorcyclists are trained to ride defensively.

Assume all other road users are morons. DONT expect them to give way to you. Stay safe and enjoy your riding.:)

It is you who are wrong and barking up the wrong tree

your quoted text is from http://www.discover-horse-carriage-driving.com

and it is their advise when horse driving, to have liability insurance, but it is not a legal requirement. horse driving, is actually different to horse riding in any case as you have the added danger of multiple horses harnessed to a carriage. This makes it much more dangerous than simply horse riding which which is what you said people had this insurance for in the first place.

Horse riders tend to be insured for a lot of public liability insurance.

so back to your earlier assertion, that horse riders tend to have public liability insurance, no, they do not.

Not true,I have car and bike and prefer to cycle than drive,its just more enjoyable,its just the idiots in the cars who need to be educated.

so you are saying there are no idiots on bikes :huh: could you bend over please, its getting a bit dark over here :hihi:

Archived