Church of England

Do people think,that the C of E is behind times not having female bishops and should be taken to employment tribunal or is it age related:huh:

No because their religion is based on a very old book and not equality, if they start treating people equally they will have to ignore the book and that just won’t be good for business.

No because their religion is based on a very old book and not equality, if they start treating people equally they will have to ignore the book and that just won’t be good for business.

The Anglican church will have shifted to Africa by 2050,and it has zero future in the UK.it is making a feature of its anachronistic behaviour.

The Anglican church will have shifted to Africa by 2050,and it has zero future in the UK.it is making a feature of its anachronistic behaviour.

Considering the average age of the congregation is well over seventy and the synod is doing everything it can to thwart new blood, I can't disagree. Looking at what is happening in Uganda though, I wouldn't like to be Gay in Africa anytime now.

The Episcopal Church of America has been closely related to the C of E for generations. many Presidents have been of that faith. But the church began ordaining women in the late 70s, and by 1987 had created a woman bishop. At that time I was in Britain attending my brother's funeral. I was introduced to the vicar doing the service, who lit into me about us yanks ordaining women, so I let him have it. I said we had not only ordained women but now had a female bishop, and by the way, she's divorced. We don`t have archbishops, but we do have a presiding bishop and SHE's pretty good at the job.

The Anglican church will have shifted to Africa by 2050,and it has zero future in the UK.

Ironically, there are Anglican women bishops in Africa. It's just Britain that doesn't like to make womb at the top. :)

I don't understand their voting system. It's a bit odd when the vast majority of the synod voted in favour of it, but a core of evangelical members can stop that. 'God works in mysterious ways', and so does his version of democracy.

The church DOES ignore bits of the old book, they just keep the bits that suit them.

Huge amounts of the bible aren't adhered to as they are ludicrous and wouldn't go down too well in todays society. But the misogynistic church keeps the bits that keep the men in power.

I go to church and have been made aware by recent events in our own parish that the church of England is not much more than a business and is run that way. A bad business but a business nonetheless.

But the misogynistic church keeps the bits that keep the men in power.

I don't accept that criticism. The male dominated houses voted in favour of Female Bishops. It was the House of Laity that stopped the vote going through - the house with the most women in it.

Some of the most vocal opponents, from what I've seen on TV, have been women. I find something a little jarring in a woman arguing in favour of not being promoted, personally.

Archived