A cowardly act of violence.

Here we go...Godwins law reached...you just lost!

OK look how many Americans voted for Nixon.The point is that there are many sheep who like to follow a populist line.as for losing are we in a contest,and if so what are the rules?Does a person get disqualified for frequent simple spelling errors?

Oh well if thats your argument look at how many Germans approved of Hitler.I would prefer to make my mind up independently than board a ship of fools,captained by a myopic moderator.

So having seen his "justification" for the attack have you now made your mind up as to whether it was justifiable or not in your view?

OK look how many Americans voted for Nixon.The point is that there are many sheep who like to follow a populist line.as for losing are we in a contest,and if so what are the rules?Does a person get disqualified for frequent simple spelling errors?

Spelling? Oh perlease (yes I know that's spelt wrong..intetionally)...No we're not in a contest, but you seem to be the only one with your view...maybe you shouldn't be a teacher and be a lawyer instead?

From the court proceedings he was drunk and stoned and thought she was looking at him in a disrespectful way and "wanted a fight". So no rational justification at all. Incredibly dangerous individual not fit to be released.
Rope, trapdoor, lever . . . job done. Or at least, that's how it should be.

I've not been following this thread, just had a glance now and saw all the kerfuffle going on about QNVQSOS's posts, so I had a read through. It seams to have started with this post....

All these comments are made with little reference to the motivation of the assailant.At first glance it does look reprehensible but there must have been some motive for this attack.With little knowledge of the details comments must be both premature and foolhardy.

And then the feathers seem to have started flying after Mr Smith/maxmaximus confused matters (surprise!) with this post...

There isn’t a good enough motive to justify such violence.

From here on, most of the people responding to GNVQSOS's comments seem to have fallen for Mr Smith/maxmaximus's suggestion that GNVQSOS may have thought the attack could be justified. He didn't say anything of the sort.

Because there always is. It may not be immediately apparent, it may be known only to the attacker, we may never learn what it was, but there will be a motive, even if it turns out to be delusionally inspired.

I have to agree with Halibut. Although I think GNVQSOS could have worded it better, he is talking about what caused the attacker to strike (motivation). This could be anything from voices in his head telling him to do it, chemical or hormonal imbalance, anger issues, interpreting a glance from the victim as offensive. This is not the same as justifying the attack.

For you reading pleasure, from here

Definition of motivation

noun

1a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way:

escape can be a strong motivation for travel

[mass noun] desire or willingness to do something; enthusiasm:

keep staff up to date and maintain interest and motivation

Archived