A cowardly act of violence.

Spelling? Oh perlease (yes I know that's spelt wrong..intetionally)...No we're not in a contest, but you seem to be the only one with your view...maybe you shouldn't be a teacher and be a lawyer instead?

I had considered this legal avenue but it would mean a drop in income unfortunately-thanks for the careers advice.Are you still in recruitment?

I've not been following this thread, just had a glance now and saw all the kerfuffle going on about QNVQSOS's posts, so I had a read through. It seams to have started with this post....

And then the feathers seem to have started flying after Mr Smith/maxmaximus confused matters (surprise!) with this post...

From here on, most of the people responding to GNVQSOS's comments seem to have fallen for Mr Smith/maxmaximus's suggestion that GNVQSOS may have thought the attack could be justified. He didn't say anything of the sort.

I have to agree with Halibut. Although I think GNVQSOS could have worded it better, he is talking about what caused the attacker to strike (motivation). This could be anything from voices in his head telling him to do it, chemical or hormonal imbalance, anger issues, interpreting a glance from the victim as offensive. This is not the same as justifying the attack.

For you reading pleasure, from here

Definition of motivation

noun

1a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way:

escape can be a strong motivation for travel

[mass noun] desire or willingness to do something; enthusiasm:

keep staff up to date and maintain interest and motivation

Just had a look and that seems fairly accurate.

I've not been following this thread, just had a glance now and saw all the kerfuffle going on about QNVQSOS's posts, so I had a read through. It seams to have started with this post....

And then the feathers seem to have started flying after Mr Smith/maxmaximus confused matters (surprise!) with this post...

From here on, most of the people responding to GNVQSOS's comments seem to have fallen for Mr Smith/maxmaximus's suggestion that GNVQSOS may have thought the attack could be justified. He didn't say anything of the sort.

I have to agree with Halibut. Although I think GNVQSOS could have worded it better, he is talking about what caused the attacker to strike (motivation). This could be anything from voices in his head telling him to do it, chemical or hormonal imbalance, anger issues, interpreting a glance from the victim as offensive. This is not the same as justifying the attack.

For you reading pleasure, from here

Definition of motivation

noun

1a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way:

escape can be a strong motivation for travel

[mass noun] desire or willingness to do something; enthusiasm:

keep staff up to date and maintain interest and motivation

Thanks for your generous interpretation and for reading the threads carefully.Too many people jump in with raised pitchforks whenever an atrocity is committed.

Thanks for your generous interpretation and for reading the threads carefully.Too many people jump in with raised pitchforks whenever an atrocity is committed.

Well, I just worry for the next generation if people with views such as yours are in education.

Myopic or not, that's my view...and I suggest you google Godwins law!

Ummm...I've read thread all the way through.

Maybe she called him a <self moderated>...Or whatever the motivation. NOTHING, BUT NOTHING, can justify such an action...Not ever, in any sane persons thinking. To say there must have been some justification is both short sighted and quite frankly naive.

I know there is some trepidation and worry about us all being on camera a lot of the time, but thank god!!!!!...(in this instance)

You appear to have fallen into the "justification" trap, set by Mr Smith/maxmaximus. GNVQSOS never mentioned anything about "justification", it was Mr Smith/maxmaximus who introduced that subtle shift of context.

Well, I just worry for the next generation if people with views such as yours are in education.

Myopic or not, that's my view...and I suggest you google Godwins law!

I know about Goodwins Law thank you;all science teachers know that Goodwin observed the relationship between body fat and human velocity ie fat people cannot run fast.I cant see how it relates to this discussion.

By the way a lot of people now are questioning your views,especially your ability to support your assertions with evidence.

Archived