A cowardly act of violence.

I know about Goodwins Law thank you;all science teachers know that Goodwin observed the relationship between body fat and human velocity ie fat people cannot run fast.I cant see how it relates to this discussion.

By the way a lot of people now are questioning your views,especially your ability to support your assertions with evidence.

Ok Mr Clever...You know perfectly well I was refering to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

You appear to have fallen into the "justification" trap, set by Mr Smith/maxmaximus. GNVQSOS never mentioned anything about "justification", it was Mr Smith/maxmaximus who introduced that subtle shift of context.

The issue was that gnvqsos was chiding posters for being too hasty to call for the man to be punished before knowing what his motivation was for the attack. The problem being that given the nature of the attack there wasn't a hypothetical set of circumstances that would lessen the view that it was a vile act deserving of punishment.

All these comments are made with little reference to the motivation of the assailant.
His motive isn't relevant even if it any of these.

This could be anything from voices in his head telling him to do it, chemical or hormonal imbalance, anger issues, interpreting a glance from the victim as offensive.

His violence can't be justified.

At first glance it does look reprehensible but there must have been some motive for this attack.With little knowledge of the details comments must be both premature and foolhardy.

So no one is foolhardy for say things like this.

A truly shocking and cowardly act!! :mad:

Hopefully when caught and put in jail he will be getting a sock full of pool balls wrapped round the back of his head when he is not expecting it or failing that a cup of boiling water with loads of sugar in it. SCUM

The issue was that gnvqsos was chiding posters for being too hasty to call for the man to be punished before knowing what his motivation was for the attack. The problem being that given the nature of the attack there wasn't a hypothetical set of circumstances that would lessen the view that it was a vile act deserving of punishment.

Thank you for wording that much better than I could have managed.

Can you show me this "chiding" ?

His motive isn't relevant even if it any of these.

His violence can't be justified.

So no one is foolhardy for say things like this.

You're the person who introduced the idea of justifying the assault, not GNVQSOS. He never mentioned anything about it.

Can you show me this "chiding" ?

All these comments are made with little reference to the motivation of the assailant.At first glance it does look reprehensible but there must have been some motive for this attack.With little knowledge of the details comments must be both premature and foolhardy.

Yes, as above.

You're the person who introduced the idea of justifying the assault, not GNVQSOS. He never mentioned anything about it.

Some members prior to GNVQSOS calling them foolhardy thought the assault deserved severe punishment, probably because nothing could possibly justify such violence. If GNVQSOS thinks they are foolhardy for not taking his motives into consideration then GNVQSOS must think his motives may justify leniency towards him. I can’t think of anything that would justify being lenient.

Archived