A cowardly act of violence.

Apart from no one would be sneaking up behind an innocent little girl and thumping her in the back of the head, other than small detail you could be right, I suppose we should spend lots of money arresting him, convicting him and sending to play computer games in very expensive prison instead. That’ll teach him a lesson or maybe not.

Your alternative to costly prison is what?

This is the case-it seemed very ironic that so many posters were advocating violent retribution.They seemed as bad as the original perpetrator.

Even given a couple of posters and one trolls rather lurid comments, you didn't actually address that issue did you? You directed your comments at everyone and made a specific point about waiting to understand motive before reaching conclusions. Had people followed your advice and waited find out that it was just a vicious random attack on a young girl with no motive other than the perps a vile individual then once that was confirmed their reactions would have been the same as they were initially ranging from a majority in favour of locking him up to some who would like to see violence inflicted.

I think that was the point some members where making befor being called foolhardy.

No it isn't, they were making fools of themselves because not were they only advocating violence but actually volunteering. That's not the same as not losing sleep.

Even given a couple of posters and one trolls rather lurid comments, you didn't actually address that issue did you? You directed your comments at everyone and made a specific point about waiting to understand motive before reaching conclusions. Had people followed your advice and waited find out that it was just a vicious random attack on a young girl with no motive other than the perps a vile individual then once that was confirmed their reactions would have been the same as they were initially ranging from a majority in favour of locking him up to some who would like to see violence inflicted.

I cant answer this as it is very jumbled up-sorry Andy as I am sure you have made some valid points as usual.

You must admit it is an exceptionally long sentence.

[/b]

I cant answer this as it is very jumbled up-sorry Andy as I am sure you have made some valid points as usual.

You must admit it is an exceptionally long sentence.

lol, fair point, not my finest work!

In a hopefully more comprehensible bullet point approach

- a small number of people expressed a desire for the man to suffer physical harm

- Most people expressed a desire for him to be caught and punished according to the law

You didn't address that issue, you raised the issue that both of the above were being premature by not waiting to understand motive. Having now established motive both of the above will hold the same view they did before in terms of punishment. So to say your comments were aimed at only those advocating violence doesn't ring true.

Archived