OBE for Gary Barlow..

An OBE for Gary Barlow.....worra joke. Lead a third rate band [write a decent song or two] and make a spectacle of yourself on X Factor and you get an OBE. I cant get my breath. What next? OBE's for the other celebrity rubbish.

Its an insult to worthwhile contributors to society.......

He's also done quite a bit for charity thorugh Comic Relief and Children in Need.

We could of course list a plethora of 'pop celebs' who were granted state awards by the Blair government, including those who have done little with their careers except self-fulfillment, drugs and adultery.

An OBE for Gary Barlow.....worra joke. Lead a third rate band [write a decent song or two] and make a spectacle of yourself on X Factor and you get an OBE. I cant get my breath. What next? OBE's for the other celebrity rubbish.

He will be a 'Sir' in no time.

The exact same thing was said when The Beatles got their MBEs. How little in life really changes?

those who have done little with their careers except self-fulfillment [and] drugs

Enough about Prince Harry though.

;)

The problem is no-one except the individual knows exactly how much work they do or give to charities. Just because he doesn't deserve it for his music related work, he may well've donated millions to charity and raised countless millions for charity.

If Bill Gates was english, he'd probably be a 'Sir' or 'Lord'. Does what he's acheived with Microsoft mean he's deserved it? Probably not. But because of his wealth through Microsoft, he donates in excess of £300m EACH YEAR from his personal wealth....this is on top of what he and his wife Melinda raise through their foundation.

Don't knock just because of what you see and don't like or think you see and don't like.

Archived