IT outsourcing & jobs

I can get you a virtual assistant for $10/hour - US based but will be able to accept and handle UK calls. You'd need a few members to join Capita, been there and worked there.

He's looking for a job, not to hire someone.

Edit - To the OP, try searching on totaljobs and cwjobs, lots of support jobs advertised on there.

Hi,

Does anyone know who big organisations like the dwp outsource their IT help desk to? I need a job doing 2nd line support.

As far as DWP is concerned, up until this year it was HP that was contracted to deliver the single application maintenance & support contract. This year, however, the department have signed new contracts with a range of different IT suppliers such as IBM, Accenture and CapGemini to provide 3rd line IT support plus application development for specific DWP applications and services. As far as I know, HP are still contracted to undertake 2nd line support for all their applications and desktop services via their call centres in the North East.

Crapita are hoovering up loads of contracts. Computacenter also have quite a few and both are bloody awful.

Like most big useless IT companies, they don't like giving people jobs so use a fair amount of contractors. I have done quite a bit of work for Computacenter through Hayes so drop them a line.

EDS, now HP are getting rid of people still so unlikely to get much work out of them. Might be worth a try though.

Archived