Ever wonder what happened to your past loves not just your first.

desy

I was in love from the infants with this boy(won`t say his name ),all through juniors and seniors then lost touch,i was out with a bunch of mates in town and saw him we got on so well that night and he proudly announced he was gay my dreams up in smoke ............... Sighs lol i then found out he had got married and had 2 kids then he must have been found out and now lives on his own in rotherham somewhere..............

.... my problem I need to make a decision!!! :?
I know how you must feel, daftlass - it must be difficult. All I can say is that a chance contact with an 'old flame' worked well for me, and I guess it was "meant to be". See post #160 at the bottom of Page 8 of this thread..:)

I am really guttered that I am not mentioned on here. lol

I have read through al lthis thread and it is so sweet to hear peoples stories. i often wonder why people break up, or even if they remember what the reason was. i have had a fair few boyfriend in sheffield, there are a few that I would like to talk to again just to see how they are getting on but to be honest I am glad that I am not with any of them as now I am really happy.

For me the the saying ' you have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince. Well Ive kiss enough and I think I have finally found my prince. Two divorces and a lot of heart ache later, But it was fun :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

• 7 months later...
...Josephine (Jo) Scotford (maiden name) Norton Lees age now around 60...
Hi scallywags - from the birth/marriage indexes: Josephine Scotford, born Sheffield 1948, evidently married Peter J. Longmate in Sheffield, 1982. The 2004 electoral roll shows a Peter J. and Josephine Longmate at an address in S6. I have PM'd the address to you..:)

Almost 40 years ago I used to lie awake wondering what had become of Marion Thompson, the lovely girl from Scunthorpe with whom I was madly in love for over a year (and, if I were honest with myself, I was still in love). It didn't work out, simply because of the distance; we only managed to meet at weekends. We parted very amicably in November 1968. I remember our parting very well; they had just switched on the Christmas lights and we were sitting on a seat "at t' bottom o't moor" when we reluctantly agreed that it wouldn't work and that we'd better go our separate ways. Although it was probably the best thing at the time, I was devastated and it took me years to get over it - one might say over 36 years, because I was still a bachelor in March 2005 when (via FriendsReunited) I received an email from the (now widowed) Marion. Last year we were married and we couldn't be happier. Every day I wake up thinking I am the luckiest man in the world. Here are the "then and now" photos: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/twigmore/Family/MarionPhilip19682005-1.jpg

That is such a wonderful story and the pictures are amazing! Lucky people! You look so happy. It must have been worth the wait.

Your wife looks almost exactly the same, same smile and tilt of the head.

That is such a wonderful story and the pictures are amazing! Lucky people! You look so happy. It must have been worth the wait. Your wife looks almost exactly the same, same smile and tilt of the head.
Well, it was certainly worth the wait - and we didn't waste those 37 years. Marion had a very happy marriage for over 30 years until she sadly lost her husband to cancer. I looked after my parents, worked for a bank, travelled the world (50+ countries) wrote books etc. etc. - but I never found anyone else to share my life with. I took early retirement in 2002 to care for my mum, who lived with me in our Wadsley bungalow. She passed away four years later - she was 87, bless her. And so just when I was facing a lonely future (and so of course was Marion) along came that email. It's no exaggeration to say that we are blissfully happy.

The rather romantic story appealed to the media - here is a page from the Scunthorpe local paper, and Yorkshire Television covered the wedding for "Calendar"!.:)