Ever wonder what happened to your past loves not just your first.

desy

• 6 months later...

Using the find my past web site I was researching other people I used to know. Well in this case it was one of my ex girl friends from 1971. This was a girlfriend of 7 months, things looking good for the future and we used to go out several nights a week. I used to phone her after work on a Friday to arrange that nights plans. Well this particular Friday she phoned me instead, which was a first. She was crying an saying she couldn’t see me. Now me being a fool and thinking that she was finishing it replied quickly saying something like “oh well it’s okay because I think it’s about time we packed up” and didn’t give her any chance of reply when I finished the call. Well it was during this internet digging and further research that I found out that when she had phoned was the time her mother had just died and presumably she wasn’t finishing it but had more important things then me to see too. I’d often thought of that phone call throughout the years as I’d liked her but at the time my pride was hurt being dumped. The guilt and sorrow that hit me after all those years that I may have let her down when perhaps she’d needed me.

My first loves were-

Mary Plant from Dugdale Rd. She went in the Army.

Kath Wearin from Dinnington,She runs a hotel in the Lake District I think.

Lorraine Smith from Wallace Rd. last time I saw Her was long ago she was working behind the bar in Little Mester.

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 11:50 ----------

Would love to know what happened to my past loves Rona M from the top end of Balliefied, Pat who worked at the Dentist on Handworth top, Joanne worked for the council who came off the Strad, Cheryl H off the Flockton and my first teenage love Angela V from the Strad near Brook School. All around 74 to 76

Lovely girls one and all, hope they are all doing well and happy with life:)

Ey up old pal, cant give you much info, only know Joanne still lives on Stradbroke, dont think She's got a bloke or anything.

We'll have to meet up for a drink and a catch up long time no see.

• 3 years later...

This thread started long ago with a familiar name. Pamela Danks. As I remember she lived on the road nearly opposite Firth Park library. I never really new her but met, I think, on the Bellhouse Club trip when I was about 9 or 10.

---------- Post added 12-06-2016 at 21:52 ----------

Not past loves but relationship opportunities I messed up

Lyn Jewaik, Carol Elvidge, Sue Lloyd, Lyn ******(a long time ago but still hurts)

:( *wipes tear away* :(

Aww hun! *hugs*

I have always wondered about whatever happened to all the pretty girls that I once knew.

I know that some have sadly passed away, one of whom was really special to me, Judith Monks.

But what became of Jennifer Tandy, Marion Low, Sandra Kind, Jennifer Hamer, Barbara Fawcett, Sandra Patterson, Marion Slater, Olwen Fisher, Pat Grayson, Susan Cliff, Pat MacShane, Sandra Laver, Lyn Bland, Sheila Kirk,Wendy Butcher, Kay Faulding the list could go on. Surely some one out there knows. Its getting to the stage where it may be too late!

---------- Post added 13-06-2016 at 19:57 ----------

:( *wipes tear away* :(

Aww hun! *hugs*

Edited by CF8M
Name addition

I have always wondered about whatever happened to all the pretty girls that I once knew.

I know that some have sadly passed away, one of whom was really special to me, Judith Monks.

But what became of Jennifer Tandy, Marion Low, Sandra Kind, Jennifer Hamer, Barbara Fawcett, Sandra Patterson, Marion Slater, Olwen Fisher, Pat Grayson, Susan Cliff, Pat MacShane, Sandra Laver, Lyn Bland, Sheila Kirk,Wendy Butcher, Kay Faulding the list could go on. Surely some one out there knows. Its getting to the stage where it may be too late!

---------- Post added 13-06-2016 at 19:57 ----------

good god ,that's a reight list . were you some kind of international playboy

good god ,that's a reight list . were you some kind of international playboy

There are a lot of names of the girls that I knew over the years from school and other places. Of course some I knew a lot better than others. But hardly the international playboy. Mind you I would have liked the chance!!

In some respects its the same with all the lads I knew from the same time from school and University, over the last twenty years I have only met up with one lad I was at school with. The same with workmates I occasionally see a name on the Forum and try to make contact and zero!

Its as if that period of the past is just that "the past" and never to be spoken about and if someone tries to make contact its regarded with the highest caution.

I know there were things that I got up to in the past that may be looked on with frowns and deemed as really wicked but nothing at all harmful or criminal, may have caused a bit of embarrassment at the time to certain people.

After all what's worse a broken heart or a broken neck!

But getting back to my original request what ever happened to all the pretty girls I once knew. If I were asked about me I would try to be as open and candid as I could.

Do you recognise any of the names?