Missing or biased news in the UK

Well, leaving aside how your use of the term rimming makes you look I'll repeat that the BBC is special. It's aim is to be unbiased and is one of the few (the only?) news source that's managed to offend everyone. However it still has a centrist/liberal stance.

So you disagree with conrod's post? Despite agreeing with it a few minutes ago?

So you disagree with conrod's post? Despite agreeing with it a few minutes ago?

Editors choose stories that reflect their own political leanings. There are no big deep conspiracies at work. No I don't disagree with any of that as I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

No doubt I'm in for a treat now as you try and dissect my post and the English language in one of your joyless exposes of my 'hypocrisy'?

It is surely not so easy to dismiss the likes of John Pilger who has twice won Britain's Journalist of the Year Award who has gained awards in Britain and worldwide, and has received several honorary doctorates, he has some very interesting views on how the media is manipulated for personal and political gain.

Worth reading up on his opinions on the subject unless you'd prefer to believe he is a lizard too.

It is surely not so easy to dismiss the likes of John Pilger who has twice won Britain's Journalist of the Year Award who has gained awards in Britain and worldwide, and has received several honorary doctorates, he has some very interesting views on how the media is manipulated for personal and political gain.

Worth reading up on his opinions on the subject unless you'd prefer to believe he is a lizard too.

Pilger is and was a brilliant journalist and a lot of the "mainstream media is evil" brigade forget he rose to fame in the Daily Mirror, then Britain's biggest paper, in particular with its Year Zero Cambodia front page. His comrade Paul Foot also wrote for it as well as various other mainstream papers.

When was the last time Pilger reported impartially on anything?

We hear Pilgers views on things. that's not reporting. Just some sanctimonious tosser mouthing off about what he thinks.

We hear Pilgers views on things. that's not reporting. Just some sanctimonious tosser mouthing off about what he thinks.

In your opinion.

He's written hundreds of articles over decades. It would be fairer to say some are better than others. I don't think the Year Zero reporting was him just mouthing off. His holding Robin Cook to account about BAE Hawks strafing villages in East Timor was pretty memorable too.

Who's your idea of a top journo then?

Essential reading.

No sanctimonious tosser. Just a high order journalist. You might not like his message, but he's anaytical and accurate at all times. To dismiss him as a tosser does you very little credit.

The intellectual was accusing me of rimming BBC editors a minute ago. Obviously back from the pub.

I don't want to get into personal stuff. Andy's a good poster. Well informed and opinionated. We don't always agree, but that's the great thing about places like these.

Let him respond to my post without personalising things. Debate works better that way.

Archived