Missing or biased news in the UK

Essential reading.

No sanctimonious tosser. Just a high order journalist. You might not like his message, but he's anaytical and accurate at all times. To dismiss him as a tosser does you very little credit.

Personally I've seen him manipulate facts and lie through his teeth to present his view of events. Over decades.

So not knocking anyone who wants to kiss his ass, I just won't be as he's a lying little rat. (in my view)

I don't want to get into personal stuff. Andy's a good poster. Well informed and opinionated. We don't always agree, but that's the great thing about places like these.

Let him respond to my post without personalising things. Debate works better that way.

You're right, he's a great poster, that was a thorough breakdown and review of the long career of John Pilger, award winning journalist preceded by a dose of homophobic humour. Top man.

Personally I've seen him manipulate facts and lie through his teeth to present his view of events. Over decades.

So not knocking anyone who wants to kiss his ass, I just won't be as he's a lying little rat. (in my view)

You are familiar with the work of the rest of the UK mainstream media, aren't you.

They all do the same thing. The trick is to pick out the truth from the spin.

You're right, he's a great poster, that was a thorough breakdown and review of the long career of John Pilger, award winning journalist preceded by a dose of homophobic humour. Top man.

Have you been on a course or something?

All you have done all evening is to antagonise people.

You are familiar with the work of the rest of the UK mainstream media, aren't you.

They all do the same thing. The trick is to pick out the truth from the spin.

There is a difference between those supposed to have a vague stab at reporting stuff that is happening impartially and the likes of Pilger. Which you know very well my friend.

Have you been on a course or something?

All you have done all evening is to antagonise people.

You are aware you're on Sheffield Forum?

Look at my posts throughout this thread, they are strictly related to the subject of bias or otherwise. Along comes your top mate who accuses me of being foolish for agreeing with a joke because it apparently means it contradicts my 'rimming' of BBC editors. Your top mate then goes on to slag off Pilger whom I defend in a reasoned way and your top mate then goes on to call him a lying rat. Personal attack, homophobia and running Pilger's name in the dirt. You then complain about me.

Are you sure you should be commenting on bias?

My view of UK media changed during 'the troubles' in Northern Ireland. BBC/ITV put out the official line but European TV news saw us as being the aggressors and bullies. All we did was alienate ourselves. Europe even used the European Song Contest to attack us and to support Ireland/Ulster. When Sir Alistair Burnett read the news I could detect a definate bias, he was a true Thatcherite. I was innocent enough to think that news should be reported impartially..........these days I barely believe a word of it.

I am being proved right as well, the Hillsboro' enquiry, the miners strike and the Beeb not being as cautious as it should have been about the antics of a certain Mr Saville.............

There is a difference between those supposed to have a vague stab at reporting stuff that is happening impartially and the likes of Pilger. Which you know very well my friend.

You sound like you are proving the very point John Pilger tries to put across these days, I'm no expert on the life and times of Mr. Pilger but I once read a book by him called 'hidden agendas' and I recommend it and I believe you would get him and understand that a lot of his published stories were not exactly the stories he wanted to put across by the time they were on the presses.

Archived