Tory says, Unemployed should take more risks

Tory, Lord Freud says, ' the unemployed should take more risks'.

More pontificating from an MP, I wonder if Lord Freud is poor?

He refuses to take part in a documentary living on benefits for a week.

He added: "you don't have to be the corpse to go to a funeral", - Charming!

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/freud-poor-should-take-more-risks-16241291.html#ixzz2D0UYmAbn

More risks such as 'will we lose our house this month or next month'? or perhaps 'Lentils and carrots tonight darling or lentils and frozen peas?', or perhaps 'shall we walk through the estate where a man was shot, a woman raped and the newsagent stabbed at knife point, or shall we spend our last £5 on the bus darling?'. I like to think he means 'darling shall we make potatoe vodka tonight or scones?'. He could mean 'shall we burn the table in the grate or next doors recycling to save our fuel bills?' Or perhaps the ethical dilemma of 'shall I do all my Christmas shopping on Amazon for £20 or in the city centre for £100-what will the neighbours think'

Has he got shares in William Hill and PoshBingo?

Exactly, on £70 a week! No wonder he didn't want to live on benefits for a week.

If he considered it a stunt he should have tried it for a couple of months, including going to the job centre and being put on the back to work courses.

MPs should be televised in a HMO for but one week. They should have a budget of £56.25, then get a grade up to £71, before finishing on £142.70 for a week in a larger property.

They should be made to do it for a minimum of a month.

And throw in a 'back to work' course, where you spend the morning on the computer looking for a job and the afternoon looking in the paper for a job.

And to think companies like A4E get paid for doing this for the unemployed who are a captive audience.

You could do this at the local library every day, at no cost to the government instead of lining the pockets of big companies who are friends of the government. Politicians are so gullible, that's why they should go on these courses instead of just throwing money at their friends.

What a waste.

Anyone could do it for a month if they knew they had a nice warm home and lots of money to go back to.

It's the having to do it with no end in sight and no hope of things improving which gets people down. Not to mention getting poorer week by week, and having to cope when a crisis hits like the cooker breaking down or needing new shoes.

They have no idea...

I wonder if Lord Freud is poor?

Doubt it. Maybe he took a few risks?

I wonder where Richard Branson would be today had he not taken a risk opening his first record store. Or took a risk with a new young artist called Mike Oldfield?

I was unemployed for a long, long time. Now I have my own business. Was it a risk?

Yes!!!!!!

Archived