What to do NYE 2012??

Soulgirl75

hi soul girl

your local, the fleur de lys is having a glitz and glamour party... £10 including champagne and light buffet...

Before you dismiss the idea come and meet myself, alex and paul. The fleur has had a little face lift and is a lovely fun place to have fun and kick back. paul is also a soul and motown dj and will be spinning his tracks through the night... You will love it, honest!

Just think of all the money you will save on taxis too.

I hope to meet you very soon.

Hey, maybe you could pop up to our christmas craft and gift fair on wednesday 28th november and have a look around.

Alex :)

Big up DJ Garse!

2 posts, both about a suburban pub.

I was born on a day that ends in "y" and it wasn't yesterday. Just admit you you have an association there!

? My first 2 posts on this forum about a pub within walking distance.

No need to get all insulting:(

Yes, I'm a local (no connection) and I like the pub, used to go there years ago and started going again.

Thought I'd post on this forum to let those who remember it from before and highlight that it's got better.

I don't have anything to hide (or anything to prove).

? My first 2 posts on this forum about a pub within walking distance.

No need to get all insulting:(

Yes, I'm a local (no connection) and I like the pub, used to go there years ago and started going again.

Thought I'd post on this forum to let those who remember it from before and highlight that it's got better.

I don't have anything to hide (or anything to prove).

In that case can we have the itinerary for The Cross Scythes, The Crown, The Cricket and The Shepley Spitfire?

Why not check this out?!

'£20+ for NYE entry!? What ever happened to partying for the fun of it. Our tickets are £3 to cover costs. No profit, plus an extra £1 goes to charity. Be there...

10pm-8am!

City centre location!

House, Electro, Techno, Dubstep and Trappe!

Full bar!

Giveaways!'

Event-

https://www.facebook.com/events/537664659596459/

Tickets-

http://partyforthepeople.org.uk/event/bass-kollective-nye//

In that case can we have the itinerary for The Cross Scythes, The Crown, The Cricket and The Shepley Spitfire?

Sigh...

Wouldn't touch the Shepley with a barge pole nowadays (and it's my nearest pub) - completely ruined since new ownership,

Crown has very bizarre opening hours (I never know if it will be open...),

Cricket a tad too far away for me (and a bit soulless and expensive) - sometimes good for a (mediocre) pint on a hot day if I'm walking off the moors with the dog,

Cross Sythes doesn't feel like a pub anymore, it's now more of a restaurant.

Ergo - I have no idea of their itineraries.

That leaves me with the Fleur which, as you may have gathered, I prefer. My comments, my 2p worth. YMMV.

Now stop trolling :P

Why should SamtheLab be expected to give itinerary's for other pubs in the area?! This is a discussion forum, so there's nothing wrong with just giving an opinion.

Here's mine for what it's worth...

Fleur De Lys seems to have improved a lot recently. Not sure if it's under new management, or just had a makeover, but it used to have a really uninviting feel to it, whereas now it seems much more friendly. They seem to be having a big push to organise and advertise a lot of stuff recently too, which again makes me think maybe new management.

I've never been to the Crown, so can't comment on that one.

Cricket Inn is a bit too far for me too, and personally I see it as more of a Sunday lunch type of place, but never tried it at night so probably should do before judging.

I like Cross Sythes, especially for food, but I think drinks are a bit more pricey. It doesn't seem to advertise stuff that well either, so a couple of times I've seen live music there by chance, and would happily go back for more if I could find out when it was!

I have to disagree about the Shepley Spitfire. It's my nearest pub too, and although I only go there now and again, I wasn't keen on it before it was taken over so I prefer it now. Each to their own though, and I'm not sure what they've got planned for NYE - I haven't noticed anything advertised.

Back on the subject of the thread anyway... I've got tickets for NYE at the Fleur De Lys. Not really sure what to expect, but guess I'll find out soon enough!

Hey guys... Thank you for those lovely comments! It's great to get good feedback when you are working hard turning a pub around...

At the risk of advertising, we have now changed the format of our New Year's Eve celebrations as apparently some people don't like Champagne??? We have removed the £10 ticket entry and it is now FREE ENTRY and you can purchase champagne by the glass if you desire!

Can't wait now... I absolutely love New Year.

Every happiness to you all in 2013 x

Archived