Care standards "slipping"

On the other hand have you heard the way some patients speak to and treat the workers ?

It's OK that way round though....

I heard about these reports on the radio this morning (haven't read the links yet) - one government minister was quoted saying a lot of the problems were due to staff being overstretched.

I think he may have gone to the 'No s**t, Sherlock' school of research!

What kind of reply is that ?

That is exactly the ' CARING ' ??? attitude I was talking about.

A lot of these patients are vulnerable,sick,confused, and in pain.

If you are in this profession, then you shouldn't be.

I'm not a care worker I work with them, they have the patience of saints, you're reading into something that's not there.

My family has recent experience of our NHS when my Nan went into the NGH. After only a couple of days being in there, she was in intensive care from a massive internal bleed due to the nurses giving her a drug overdose, at one point when we got a call in the early hours, we thought that was it for her, all because of the overdose.

The care on the wards was atrocious. Whenever my Nan needed help, a standard reply would be "we've got other patients to look after", they reduced her to tears several times as the nursing staff were just downright cruel or incompetent.

We looked into moving her to the Claremont or Thornbury hospitals, but alas it was way beyond our means. It's coming to something when you have to look at private hospitals just to get a good standard of basic care.

My family has recent experience of our NHS when my Nan went into the NGH. After only a couple of days being in there, she was in intensive care from a massive internal bleed due to the nurses giving her a drug overdose, at one point when we got a call in the early hours, we thought that was it for her, all because of the overdose.

The care on the wards was atrocious. Whenever my Nan needed help, a standard reply would be "we've got other patients to look after", they reduced her to tears several times as the nursing staff were just downright cruel or incompetent.

We looked into moving her to the Claremont or Thornbury hospitals, but alas it was way beyond our means. It's coming to something when you have to look at private hospitals just to get a good standard of basic care.

Hope your nan is feeling a lot better. Yes it's very traumatic for the patient when they are feeling at their lowest and doesn't help with their recovery.It's awful for the family too, sometimes you feel that you don't want to leave them at the end of visiting don't you. Like I said in a previous post, I've been in hospital several times and seen it with my own eyes.

I'm not a care worker I work with them, they have the patience of saints, you're reading into something that's not there.

Poppins. Maybe the ones you work with ARE very good. I didn't say ALL the staff don't care. Just in my experience at having been in hospital a number of times I KNOW a lot of the staff lack compassion.

Do you live in America ?

It's a cut issue end of, which is why every other public services are also facing difficulties

I don't think it's to do with cuts, it's more to do with health care staff that just don't care. They're in a job that needs compassion but don't have any.

When my Nan was in hospital just a few weeks back, there was just a couple of nurses we could tell genuinely cared about her and how they were treating her, for the rest it was just a chore for which they get paid.

I don't think it's to do with cuts, it's more to do with health care staff that just don't care. They're in a job that needs compassion but don't have any.

When my Nan was in hospital just a few weeks back, there was just a couple of nurses we could tell genuinely cared about her and how they were treating her, for the rest it was just a chore for which they get paid.

Or that do care, but there are so few staff (due to cuts) that they can't demonstrate the level of care the the patient, their family, and even the staff think should be provided?

What do you do when you have 28 patients all needing the toilet at the same time, and only 3 or 4 members of staff to take them? Somebody has to wait...

Or that do care, but there are so few staff (due to cuts) that they can't demonstrate the level of care the the patient, their family, and even the staff think should be provided?

What do you do when you have 28 patients all needing the toilet at the same time, and only 3 or 4 members of staff to take them? Somebody has to wait...

There was never a shortage of staff stood around talking to each other around the nurse station.

Archived