Rumors about former NICHE Club being reopened

Tyranna

A few days ago, I was chatting with a friend about various things, and he told me that a friend of his had been for an interview for a management post at a new club that was going to open in the former NICHE on Sidney Street.

As Sheffield's most famous former club premises, I am aware that there have been a lot of rumors about the former Niche, not all of them good, but it will be positive if someone is looking to redevelop the place as a club or for some other use. I should hasten to add that the planned club which is wanting to open there will be of a very different character from the kind of club that the original 'Niche' was, so it shouldnt attract any of the former kind of clientele which mad the place so notorious.

Does anyone else know anything about this proposal to re-tenant the former Niche? I have frequently passed the premises in the last couple of weeks, even today, but can see no visible sign of work or surveying going on, so maybe the planned club here is ultimately just a rumour.

Any info on what is happening would be most welcome.:thumbsup:

As Sheffield's most famous former club premises...

Really?

Any info on what is happening would be most welcome.:thumbsup:

Someone by the name of Tyranna seems to have an idea in the Going Out section.

BTW, has anyone else heard about rumors of a new gay club planning to open in the old NICHE premises on Sidney Street? I got a tip-off about this, but I know nothing else except that it is NOT Fuel which is planning the scheme...:huh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jug Ears

Heard the same today. Apparently plans for some gay 'superclub' type of venue

That was already tried a few doors down (Fuel), and didn't last long.

Fuel (formerly Berlins) isn't a few doors down from Niche. You're thinking of Limit aka Uropa, which was very briefly renamed Niche after Sidney Street closed down, before they relocated to Charter Row.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Fuel (formerly Berlins) isn't a few doors down from Niche. You're thinking of Limit aka Uropa, which was very briefly renamed Niche after Sidney Street closed down, before they relocated to Charter Row.

Oops, I probably am.

Nevertheless, maybe there isn't a market for another gay club in Sheffield? I have seen a few disappear over the years - Xes, Fuel, Identity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

Oops, I probably am.

Nevertheless, maybe there isn't a market for another gay club in Sheffield? I have seen a few disappear over the years - Xes, Fuel, Identity.

True, Fuel didn't last long did it? The Niche building is, I suppose, the same area really, just more tucked away. But now the others have all closed as you say, (not sure if we have any left in sheffield, no idea) maybe it will attract more custom. Ahhh we have Dempseys dont we, that seems to do well enough

Best thing ever that dive closing , full off chavs , wanabee gangster Asians , over aged steroid head ugly middle aged white apes, and the regular bouncing up and down lets intimidate everyone black guys , and let's not forget s2,s5,s6 16 year old chavs and their trashy BIRDS....

P.s the music was ...................

• Haha 1