Galloway at it again

Syrians fighting against their own oppressive government are wrong because, err, well, why aren't they jihading in other countries? It's all too easy to start jihading in your own country, but if you can't be bothered to jihad in other peoples countries then quite frankly you're just bad at jihading and any right minded person would support whichever dictator chooses to slaughter you in the streets. President Assad, Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability. Am I due a new wife yet?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9698964/George-Galloway-criticises-Syrian-opposition-for-not-lifting-a-finger-for-jihad.html

The Respect MP, who won a by-election to represent Bradford West in March, said he opposed critics of the Syrian regime because "their enemies are worse than them".

He questioned why there was no 'jihad' in other Arab countries when those opposing Bashar al-Assad, the President of Syria, were "ready to spend an ocean of blood".

"What about their freedom in the other Arab countries?" he asked on an appearance on Al-Mayadeen, a Lebanese television station. "Are they ready to fight there? No, they are collaborating with these other Arab countries.

"It is just strange to me that they are ready to kill thousands, maybe tens of thousands, in Syria but they will not lift a finger for jihad in other Arab countries which are, and have always been, on the path of treason towards the Palestinian people.

"There are Arab countries where there is no freedom or liberty at all, which have one-family rule, who even give the name of their family to their country but there is no jihad in such countries.

"But the jihad is in Syria and it seems those who are fighting it are ready to spend an ocean of blood to get their freedom."

Its appears that the Syrian conflict is attracting young British jihadist to join the cause.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19283578

Malik al-Abdeh, a prominent Syrian journalist based in the UK, explained why the conflict in Syria has pulled in these young fighters.

"Most of these people are essentially thrill-seekers wanting to experience the jihad, which for some people is a lot of fun. They get to carry a gun for the first time in their lives. They get trained up and it's exciting.

"I think it's inevitable that people from the UK would go to Syria. Fighting for God and fighting for Islam is one of the pillars of being a Muslim.

"There was an opportunity against the Soviets in Afghanistan, against the Russians in Chechnya, against the Serbs in Bosnia and now against the Alawites in Syria.

Syrians fighting against their own oppressive government are wrong because, err, well, why aren't they jihading in other countries? It's all too easy to start jihading in your own country, but if you can't be bothered to jihad in other peoples countries then quite frankly you're just bad at jihading and any right minded person would support whichever dictator chooses to slaughter you in the streets. President Assad, Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability. Am I due a new wife yet?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9698964/George-Galloway-criticises-Syrian-opposition-for-not-lifting-a-finger-for-jihad.html

With those political analysis skills its a wonder you're a gardener and not on Newsnight.

With those political analysis skills its a wonder you're a gardener and not on Newsnight.

Comedic paraphrasing rather than analysis, but that aside, as our resident stalwart defender of anyone with the letters MP after their name perhaps you'd care to have a stab at what point gorgeous George was trying to get across?

You'd be doing better than his political agent if you can.

The floor is yours.....

Comedic paraphrasing rather than analysis, but that aside, as our resident stalwart defender of anyone with the letters MP after their name perhaps you'd care to have a stab at what point gorgeous George was trying to get across?

You'd be doing better than his political agent if you can.

The floor is yours.....

I don't know as I'm not obsessed with the gorgeous one. It just gives me pleasure that he keeps getting elected and annoying right wing giants of business like you. Remember before you criticise him that thousands keep electing him while few would elect you. Just to put your opinions into perspective next to his.

I don't know as I'm not obsessed with the gorgeous one. It just gives me pleasure that he keeps getting elected and annoying right wing giants of business like you. Remember before you criticise him that thousands keep electing him while few would elect you. Just to put your opinions into perspective next to his.

That is assumption rather than knowledge as it cannot be verified can it?

No as Gorgeous George is elected and you're not. However you're free to explain how you've been or would be elected? The floor is yours.

I haven't mentioned me being elected.

The part that cannot be verified in your statement is the assertion that few would elect andygardener. The truth is we don't know that, if he stood he may garner thousands upon thousands of votes or none at all. To draw a conclusion about what may happen is an assumption.

I conclude from previous posts of yours that you might respond to this post with an insult or dismissal but I hope you do not, mainly because if you take the time to notice I have not disagreed with your point of view on this thread at all. You do make interesting points but then undermine them by statements such as the one I am challenging. It would strengthen your credibility if you could refrain from making declarations that you cannot substantiate.

No as Gorgeous George is elected and you're not. However you're free to explain how you've been or would be elected? The floor is yours.

I think GG picks his target audience and tells them exactly what they want to hear without any danger of actually having to fulfill his promises..

I haven't mentioned me being elected.

The part that cannot be verified in your statement is the assertion that few would elect andygardener. The truth is we don't know that, if he stood he may garner thousands upon thousands of votes or none at all. To draw a conclusion about what may happen is an assumption.

I conclude from previous posts of yours that you might respond to this post with an insult or dismissal but I hope you do not, mainly because if you take the time to notice I have not disagreed with your point of view on this thread at all. You do make interesting points but then undermine them by statements such as the one I am challenging. It would strengthen your credibility if you could refrain from making declarations that you cannot substantiate.

Fair enough, I'm not being entirely serious and because I'm doing this from a mobile I thought you were Mr Gardener.

Galloway probably has said something outrageous as usual but I do find the Galloway chasing, like seagulls chasing a trawler tiresome.

Archived