MP's expenses - Globetrotting for pay

It's hard to know whether or not to start another thread about MP's excessive expense demands or just to add to the growing body of threads that already exist. Maybe a mod will create a super dooper mega-thread.

I just thought this was of interest.

Backbench MPs have gone on more £1.5million worth of foreign trips, many of which have been paid for by lobby groups. They've then gone back to the House of Commons and spoken effusively about the country they have just visited.

Sounds a lot like bribery, smells and looks like it too.

But, never mind it's permitted.

And before the usual suspects want to make a party political argument about it....guess what...THEY ARE ALL AT IT. No party lines, no political divides, it crosses all boundaries.

So much for listening to their constituents.....

They are indeed all in it together. When they aren't flipping houses, cleaning moats, on fact finding missions, or falsifying expense claims, they live by different rules to the rest of us.

Fancy a pint in the Strangers Bar?

Fancy a smoke? Fancy a rhodium plated pension?

Be an MP.

They are indeed all in it together. When they aren't flipping houses, cleaning moats, on fact finding missions, or falsifying expense claims, they live by different rules to the rest of us.

Fancy a pint in the Strangers Bar?

Fancy a smoke? Fancy a rhodium plated pension?

Be an MP.

Yep,they are all as bad as each other..I still don't think any of them actually get it do they..?

Far be it for me to stick up for mps (and it pains me to write this) as its lobby groups and businesses paying for it I can't get too excited about. Maybe they are going to bongobongoland to help open a market for a big employer in their constituency. Maybe they are off to durkeedurkistan to showcase their constituency so a big durkeedurkistani company will invest there. They might not all be there for a free holiday.

I bet most are though :)

Archived