Problems with a Nokia 8210

I've got an 8210 which is on the verge of packing up or being lobbed out of the car. I've had it a couple of years and it's just recently started playing up by displaying a message saying 'Insert Sim Card' or alternatively 'Sim Card Rejected'. You have to turn it off and then turn it back on again to sort that out. Now it's also started displaying 'Headset' option on the screen by itself (I don't have one) and if I make or receive a phone call the person on the other end can't hear me.

Is it knackered beyond repair? :mad::confused::(

Hello,

How old is your SIM card? Try another SIM on your phone does it come up with the rejected error?

Has the phone ever been dropped and / or wet in anyway?

Is the phone outside of 12 months old? If so then an repair will be chargeable where ever it gets done. (Software reflash starts at ~£30)

The headset option on the screen sounds like software needs reset, but the SIM fault sounds like a faulty SIM card.

Please let me/us know if you can try another SIM in your phone.

:)

the phone and simcard are a couple of years old. It's been dropped a couple of times but never seemed to suffer for it.

I'll try the simcard in the missus' phone tonight.

The only thing is that I like the phone cos it's small so might have to get one off eBay I suppose.

Originally posted by spook1210

the phone and simcard are a couple of years old. It's been dropped a couple of times but never seemed to suffer for it.

I'll try the simcard in the missus' phone tonight.

The only thing is that I like the phone cos it's small so might have to get one off eBay I suppose.

Anyout come on this as yet?

Archived