NHS under attack by tories AGAIN!!

The last government did overspend. That is not in dispute. What is in dispute is that they spent all the money - that is clearly a ridiculous statement to make given that the current government seems to have no problem with increasing borrowing at an alarming rate. The note was a joke by the way, a bad one admittedly but not some form of official communication.

I do agree that Gordon Brown got it badly wrong on the housing market. I think we've been broadly agreeing on that point for quite some time.

This government is borrowing more but still kicking people in the teeth, how does that work?

The last government did overspend. That is not in dispute. What is in dispute is that they spent all the money - that is clearly a ridiculous statement to make given that the current government seems to have no problem with increasing borrowing at an alarming rate. The note was a joke by the way, a bad one admittedly but not some form of official communication.

I do agree that Gordon Brown got it badly wrong on the housing market. I think we've been broadly agreeing on that point for quite some time.

It’s only ridiculous when you assume incorrectly that I meant every penny that ever existed, and you must know that that is not what I was saying, right?

I think we've agreed through this short discussion even though for some reason you don't think we have and that you somehow proved me wrong. :suspect:

The only thing we appear to disagree in is who should shoulder the most responsibility, Governments that set policy and banking regulations or banks that try to make money by following government policy.

Clearly the banks got it wrong, many people got it wrong and the government got it wrong, yes they could have all done things differently but we elect governments in the hope they will prevent such disasters and prevent people borrowing more that they can afford to pay for houses that are being sold for more than they are worth and prevent banks from reckless lending, unfortunately Gordon Brown actually encouraged it even after he was warned about excessive debts. Most of the responsibility must fall on the governments that had the power to prevent it.

Why should the last government shoulder most responsibility for complete corporate dysfunction in the financial sector?

Oo, I think I know this one. Is it because Labour set up the Financial Services Authority and then told them to regulate with a light touch so they could borrow loads of money to buy votes?

It’s only ridiculous when you assume incorrectly that I meant every penny that ever existed, and you must know that that is not what I was saying, right?

I think we've agreed through this short discussion even though for some reason you don't think we have and that you somehow proved me wrong. :suspect:

The only thing we appear to disagree in is who should shoulder the most responsibility, Governments that set policy and banking regulations or banks that try to make money by following government policy.

Clearly the banks got it wrong, many people got it wrong and the government got it wrong, yes they could have all done things differently but we elect governments in the hope they will prevent such disasters and prevent people borrowing more that they can afford to pay for houses that are being sold for more than they are worth and prevent banks from reckless lending, unfortunately Gordon Brown actually encouraged it even after he was warned about excessive debts. Most of the responsibility must fall on the governments that had the power to prevent it.

If we really want to attach blame fairly and squarely we must go right back to the time that the cancer first took hold. It was Thatcher who begun the chain of events that led to this situation, but nobody spotted the pandoras box that the evil witch opened.

the tory leaflet for the coming bye election in rotherham the candidate says they want to save the nhs in rotherham (what by getting rid of 750 people who work there) i wonder how hes going to answer that one :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You have got to hand it to the tories they are hypocrites and liars.:D

They probably mean that they want to save the NHS to give to Camerons friends.:rant:

If we really want to attach blame fairly and squarely we must go right back to the time that the cancer first took hold. It was Thatcher who begun the chain of events that led to this situation, but nobody spotted the pandoras box that the evil witch opened.

And we can keep going back to the disastrous economy prior to 1979 because life was so much better then. :rolleyes:

The "Winter of Discontent" is an expression, popularised by the British media, referring to the winter of 1978–79 in the United Kingdom, during which there were widespread strikes by local authority trade unions demanding larger pay rises for their members, because the Labour government of James Callaghan sought to hold a pay freeze to control inflation.

Archived