Bathroom Doors on Honeysuckle Rd?

lazarus

This may seem a daft question but I was talking to a mate in the pub last night and he told me that when he lived on Honeysuckle Rd on the flower estate in the late forties and the fifties their downstair bathroom didnt have a door fitted and all the houses on the estate didnt have bathroom doors. I found this very hard to believe, so could someone say as to whether whats he remembers is true.

I thought I made that clear BATHROOM, the toilet was situated in the back porch.

Yes they was the ones lazarus.When mum and dad moved into a house on windyhouse lane,there was no door to the bathroom and indeed the loo was out the kitchen door,across the porch and into the loo.It was a bit of a luxury to have a bathroom and toilet inside in them days so i suppose a door to the bathroom was unheared off.:)

Ive found out that in the early fifties the bath was a sort of "Tin Bath" affair which was covered over with a piece of wood and in the sixties the houses were modified and a bathroom was put in with the all important door!

This may seem a daft question but I was talking to a mate in the pub last night and he told me that when he lived on Honeysuckle Rd on the flower estate in the late forties and the fifties their downstair bathroom didnt have a door fitted and all the houses on the estate didnt have bathroom doors. I found this very hard to believe, so could someone say as to wether whats he remembers is true.

the bath was in the floor in the kitchen with a board over the top one of my school mates lived on honey windmill road end jack bee if anybody remembers them and jack davidson lived naxt door any help

Archived