Ladies with fine hair - hair style advice

I have very fine thin hair which I've always had long but the past few years have just had it above shoulder length and always pinned it up as it looked damaged when down after highlights and straightening and the menopause making it even finer.

So after debating and getting views from people I had my hair cut into a graduated bob a few weeks ago, at first it felt strange and I regretted it but after being told how much thicker it looks and less damaged I started to feel settled with it. However now I'm going through a stage of wanting the length back. I am 51 so should I stop hankering after long hair and just accept how it is?

You don't have to

I saw an episode of ten years younger where strips of hair or extensions were glued in at the roots. Nothing WAG, just enough for body and volume to look more normal. The woman's hair eventually strengthened and thickened of its own accord, presumably after stress levels dropped

Shorter hair does look thicker, why don't you try wig pieces on a comb, I wouldn't fancy extensions as I've seen so many celebrities with bald patches

Me neither and you can usually tell that they're false.

Hair is a funny thing, you're very lucky if you have a lovely head of hair. Often the more you mess about with it the worse it becomes. A lot of hairdressers have terrible hair. My sister has lovely thick naturally wavy hair whereas mine hasn't got a kink in it !! I hate mine. I always think thinner hair looks nicer short especially as you get older.( NOT THE OLD WOMAN'S TIGHT CURLY PERMED HAIR STYLE THOUGH !!! ) I'm disabled and cannot sit for long so I don't go to the hairdressers any more so unfortunately mine is long straight and always in a pony tail. I hate it. :(

Archived