Portable DAB radios

I have this one and so does my mum, yes it may not be as powerful and advanced as the Roberts and Pure ones but it does the job nicely.

Got my mum's at sale price which was £29.99 earlier this year so they may drop to this price before Christmas.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/technology/cd_playershi_fi_and_radio/dab_radio/120663829_red_ne3111r_dab_wooden_radio.html?hnav=4294960229

Well you will insist of living in the back of beyond...

Personally, I don't think DAB will ever become a mass market product in the same way that FM is. In fact some of the regional multiplexes are closing and the second national multiplex was never launched. The costs far outweigh the revenue that radio stations can generate through advertising.

I think Internet Radio is the future, especially as mobile internet technology becomes faster, cheaper and more reliable.

All my opinion and DAB will be here for a good few years yet so don't let me put you off buying one.

Works brilliantly here, but portable ones are a bit heavy on batteries. The Pure portables with the rechargeable battery pack are pretty good though. You can pick up a radio for about £40 and a battery that will last for years for another tenner or so.

iPhone owners might want to check out the brilliant iplayer Radio app as a viable alternative.

Which stations do you like tinfoilhat? I like the Absolute stations - 90s and 00s are my favourites but they have 60s, 70s and 80s too. Not sure if they're all available in Yorkshire though, we have more stations here because we can pick up the London multiplexes.

i have seen some DAB radios in sainsburys for about £50 are they any good ? do they hold a lot more stations to choose from and what are the benefits over normal radios. any advice most welcome:confused:

They are heavy on batteries,but the range of religious stations like Muslim Magic is phenomenal.

Which stations do you like tinfoilhat? I like the Absolute stations - 90s and 00s are my favourites but they have 60s, 70s and 80s too. Not sure if they're all available in Yorkshire though, we have more stations here because we can pick up the London multiplexes.

5live and 5live sports extra, particularly when it's cricketin' time. Absolute 80s and 90s (even though it makes me feel old) 4extra, but you have to filter out a fair bit of rubbish. Xfm when i can get a good signal. Thing with dab, if you don't like the song (or sporting event) or whatever you can just scan through until you find something you like, and it's mostly cystal clear.

Archived