UK austerity policies to run for longer

The Trades Unions Congress (TUC), warns that the poorest families in the UK will face hidden cuts of over 30 percent of their annual income by 2017. Do not forget the proposals to extend the UK's austerity plans beyond 2016-17.

People on this site melieve the mainstream medais claim business is picking up, things look bright, but if things go pear shaped we will of course blame it on Europe, as we have tried the Royal Wedding, and Snow, so its just not the governments fault. Maybe its because women bishops upset god?

Do not forget pension reforms. reforms is a word meaning cuts, but you knew that.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/426b42bc-1ab0-11e1-ae14-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2DHI9aJ4N

Selling hope, the art of propaganda to guild the truth is a popular way to lie. Who is interested in the truth, evidence when opinion is so interesting?

650 mps are lining their own pockets while the rest of this country suffer. probably less than a third of these mps are telling over 50 million people how they should have to deal with having less money and services? when are the people of this country going to get a backbone and do something about it ? this country should go on a general strike and let the gov know enough is enough. power to the people i say :thumbsup:

It's time to cut pensions by 2% in real terms. The savings would be immense and the pensioners would still be living in relative luxury.

2% of my state pension would be about £1.30 a week. You'd be welcome to it. ;)

I'd add that although my OH and I don't qualify for anything from the government other than the state pension based on our years of contributions, we don't exactly live in luxury. If our joint income was measured we'd probably be more at the relative poverty end of the scale. However, we make reasonably sensible spending choices so we don't starve.

2% of my state pension would be about £1.30 a week. You'd be welcome to it. ;)

It's amazing how much money would be saved with such a minute cut. Instead due to the sheer amount of pensioner voters, pensions are to be increased above inflation a a time when our country can ill afford it.

Makes much more sense to cut them now marginally in real terms, so that they can continue to be aid in the future, and potentially increased in real terms later on.

Archived