Top Tory says they should consider pact with UKIP

They're certainly worried but it's hardly surprising is it? It wouldn't surprised me if the call out the troops if it looks like they might lose the 2015 election; shame they've even been bullying the army and police too.

Good point, they seem determined to alienate all their previous constituencies. By the next election they'll be down to their hardcore of right wing middle England. The Libs have alienated most of their people, 2015 will be interesting.

Just one question, who is Michael Fabricant?

he's some sort of top tory bloke.

they are all getting a bit hysterical over very little really.

ukip is a single issue party, and it's an issue which generally doesn't excite the average voter who is far more concerned with the economy, the nhs, the gas bill and other normal stuff.

much of their current popularity is due to them being the protest vote party. the lib dems always did well in council elections, by-elections etc but never really produced the goods in a general election. the bnp's spike a few years ago was a similar thing.

in addition, they are something of a right wing party and the right of the tory party has been pretty much sidelined by the coalition and it's not hard to see them accepting a cuddle from nigel farage and his chums.

i imagine that in a general election ukip's support will largely disappear as pretty much everyone will revert to type and vote conservative, or labour, or maybe even lib dem.

I think the voting will get more spread out as people become disillusioned with the major parties.

It's starting to happen more in other countries, where governments are forming from coalitions of 3 or more parties just to get the number of seats needed to lead.

I think the voting will get more spread out as people become disillusioned with the major parties.

It's starting to happen more in other countries, where governments are forming from coalitions of 3 or more parties just to get the number of seats needed to lead.

I thick you're right re politics but somebody has to try and run the country. The problem is who do you vote for to stop someone else winning.

On Europe, unfortunately the UK needs Europe more than Europe needs the UK. If the UK withdraws from Europe, goods and the cost of hauling them over Europe, where most of our imports come from, will cost more and make the UK even more uncompetitive than it is now.

I think it would be a splendid move, a bit of a nudge to the right of centre for the Conservative Party - back to roots really, and with some common sense approach to multiculturalism thrown in.

Didn't "something of the night" try that one and was soundly beaten?

Lets face it Cameron only came close to winning the last election because he'd tried desperately to rid the Tories of their xenophobic, anachronistic, old fashioned nasty party image.

Archived